Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I would really like it if someone would be kind enough to upload a backup file of the Centro ROM (or if someone would direct me where i can find it)
    many thanks
    Jimmy
  2.    #2  
    any1 , please just a simple copying of the all the files in the ROM
    (you may use Zlauncher and so)
    10x again
    Jimmy
    Why??

You can't use it in anything but a Centro.

4.    #4  
    i'm wanna upgrade my treo 680 rom with some files from the Centro.....
    Ahhh, That's what I thought.

Most ROM files in a Centro are CDMA Sprint specific firmware. Won't work in a GSM phone.

The other stuff, like Google Maps 1.2.0.9 in the ROM is available from download sites. The ROM pTunes 4.0.4 deluxe is crippled by agreement with Sprint and Palm. You can download a non crippled pTunes 4.0.5 deluxe version from just about anywhere, including normsoft.

I don't think you would want a dorked ROM version of Kinoma 1.0.4

The default launcher is pretty much the same as your version.

Versa Mail was upgraded, but I still prefer the VersaMail 3.5.4 version in my 700p.....

6.    #6  
    So.....
    Can you upload it anyway....
    thanks.
    Jimmy
    It won't work on your 680.
    Dude, let it go.....
    Traveler,
    Is there any way to go back to versamail 3.5.4 on the Centro? I have posted here about the inability to bcc with this latest version and gotten no fix. I thought that might be a fix.

TIA,
    BB
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Bump - I am also looking for the Centro Rom
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    If you just do a search you will find that the centro rom has already been posted in another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    If you just do a search you will find that the centro rom has already been posted in another thread.
    I don't mean to bug, but I've searched and searched, and I can't find it any where.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Really? Search results under ROM show 62 posts on 3 pages. IDK what you're looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Really? Search results under ROM show 62 posts on 3 pages. IDK what you're looking for?
    The thing about searching is that it pulls up any topic that has "Rom" in it. So, yeah i did a search and couldn't find the exact Centro Rom. I found lots of topics about roms in general but not the specific centro rom.... Thanks for the help anyway.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    What exactly are you looking for now that everyone is reading these posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    What exactly are you looking for now that everyone is reading these posts?
    I was curious to see if the Power Saving Mode file from the centro which controls the back light on and off while on a call would work if i placed it into ram on my 755. I'm pretty sure it would, but wanted to go through the centro rom files to make sure i have the right one. I believe its just the power pnl files or the preferences or preferences_en files.

http://blog.treonauts.com/PalmCentroFeatures01.jpg

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I just got a MicroSD so I was able to make a backup of the ROM but it is too large to attach, about 16MB. I will try to host it somewhere but you can IM me an email address and I can send it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitf View Post
    I just got a MicroSD so I was able to make a backup of the ROM but it is too large to attach, about 16MB. I will try to host it somewhere but you can IM me an email address and I can send it.
    Thanks, sending IM now.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    nitf,

I just sent you a pm also.

TIA
    I sent you a pm, if you're still willing to share. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast