1.    #1  
    After a month or so of not syncing I did this morning to install explorer

- Installed file: C:\Program Files\palmOne\Treo-7\Install\RescoExplorer_2_61_1_EN.prc
    OK Install
    OK Quick Install
    VersaMail
    - Sync configured to Do Nothing
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    Outlook Calendar
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Calendar
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Tasks
    Backup - sync configured to Do Nothing

Backup is disabled and I've never had this happen before. Later in the day I go to look at my text messages and everything was GONE, even the stuff in the saved folder. I couldn't find another thread dealing with this same problem.

Anyone seen this before? and is it possible to recover my messages? I'm assuming something happened during the explorer install that f-ed up my message database.

Should've backed up more often!
    It sounds like the messages database was either deleted, corrupted, or overwritten by the computer. Can you restore from a backup on your SD card? If you have not been backing up, I strongly recommend NVBackup.
    I too believe that you got a database curruption. If you save a periodical backup of your C: disk, you can restore a recent copy of the "messages_database.pdb" file, and put it on your Treo.

Of course... my apologies.. but your recent messages cannot be recovered... this is why I developed Treodesktop: I'm a Treo user since the year 2002, and I hate to see my messages deleted by the Treo...

B.