1.    #1  
    Edit: um... apparently a quick google search and a little frontier medicine was all that the old girl needed. And by frontier medicine, I mean cannibalizing the warm reset method for... apparently everything palm but the the 680. Just holding the top button on the nav-pad while I popped the battery back in made it stop looping. Sorry for wasting your time lads

Hey all-

thanks in advance.

just downloaded KsDatebook v1.6.1 from http://www.freewarepalm.com/database/ksdatebook.shtml and after hotsyncing, my 680 turns off, goes to the palm logo screen, the status bar goes across the screen and then it shuts off and starts again..

I have zero experience with this sort of thing... is there anything anyone knows of to fix this?

Thanks so much,

G
    Last edited by grock1722; 12/25/2007 at 11:58 PM.
    Assuming that KSdatebook is the offending program, do the following:

1) Hotsync your treo to back everything up.

2) Hard reset your treo 680.

3) Copy the backup directory of the treo 680 to your desktop.

4) go to the backup directory of the treo 680 on your computer. delete all ksdatebook files.

5) restore your treo 680 via a hotsync.

6) If everything works fine you are done. If the treo still has the problem then you will have to try deleting other programs. Use the copy of your backup program on your desktop to start the process over again.

It's basically a trial and error way of finding the offending program.
    This reset should really be a part of a 'Start Here' FAQ for common problems. My T650 did this after enabling Crash, but installed just fine. Maybe not compatible with my Treo...
    Dead-thread Necromancer
    Quote Originally Posted by climber_rich View Post
    Assuming that KSdatebook is the offending program, do the following:

1) Hotsync your treo to back everything up.
    I know this is an old thread, but just to help anyone else it should be pojnted out that:
    "1) Hotsync your treo to back everything up" would not work as he said he was in a reset loop, and so would not be able to do a hotsync ??

The Warm Reset is a real life saver
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Sounds fried unless a warm reset is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by csmelosky View Post
    Sounds fried unless a warm reset is possible.
    Did you read the "Edit: um... ....." bit of the first post

He fixed it back in December
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway