Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    My centro was working wonderfully...until yesterday.

    It started with an email notification tone from Sprint email. When I clicked on it, I got the "Updating Databases" message for a second or so, then it would try to connect Power Vision, and then would reset after the connection handshake graphic. After reset, pressing ANY button but the phone function buttons caused the Updating Database loop. Any quick launch program button or messaging button caused the same issue. Tried deleting Sprint Email and soft resets galore to no avail. Had to go nuclear and hard reset. Back to normal now, but back to the original version of Sprint Email, and I am reluctant to update it and use it.

    I think it has to do with Sprint Email. If I am not mistaken, this is the only app that sometimes gives the "Updating Databases" messages when loading. I don't remember seeing that notification while any other app launches. Can anyone confirm that?

    Anyone else get that message with other programs or a reset loop assoiciated with it?

    Third Party Software Installed on my Centro:
    -LudusP
    -Butler
    -Tomtom Navigator
    -Ptunes
    -Kb Lightsoff
    -Minitones
    -openchess
    -SAG
    -Handzipper lite
    -TCPMP
    -AW Solitaire from Sprint
    -Sprint Email
    -Dont' use Versamail
  2. #2  
    Is it skipping from "updating database" to trying to conect to powervision? You don't by chance have the voice control program activated, trial or registered version? Mine started that after I tried to enter a new contact. I deleted the voice control and solved my problem.
  3. mokz's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #3  
    I got the same problem after I added a contact to my contact list. It said it was updating database and then went into the same loop that you described. After trying numerous things to fix the loop I finally succeeded by syncing the phone to my computer for a backup (because I was about to hard reset). For some reason syncing my phone to my computer resolved the problem.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    Is it skipping from "updating database" to trying to conect to powervision? You don't by chance have the voice control program activated, trial or registered version? Mine started that after I tried to enter a new contact. I deleted the voice control and solved my problem.
    Nope, no voice control activated. I am too lazy to talk.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mokz View Post
    I got the same problem after I added a contact to my contact list. It said it was updating database and then went into the same loop that you described. After trying numerous things to fix the loop I finally succeeded by syncing the phone to my computer for a backup (because I was about to hard reset). For some reason syncing my phone to my computer resolved the problem.
    Ok, so you got it in the context of adding a contact. Interesting. So someone else has seen the same message and gotten the loop. Just to confirm, did the loop also try to connect Power vision before the reset like mine?

    And I am just thinking here, but maybe we can't rule out Sprint email as the culprit because it connects to the contact database too.
  6. #6  
    My wifes did the samething. I did a "warm" reset (hold the 5 way Up while reinserting the battery), hotsynched it and a NVbackup. Then did a hard reset, and restored. no problems since.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    Nope, no voice control activated. I am too lazy to talk.
    not calling you a liar, but you might want to double check... are you positive you have never clicked the get nuance icon? that app causes the updating databases message...
    HTC Touch Pro
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    not calling you a liar, but you might want to double check... are you positive you have never clicked the get nuance icon? that app causes the updating databases message...
    Ya know, upon further review, I did try the voice control program trial, but never registered it and stopped using it. I just deleted it from the phone, and have not used it since the hard reset. We'll see what happens!
  9. #9  
    I've had the same issues and will add my story here to see if it might help a possible diagnosis. I've noticed that it happens when the six arrows (3 up/3 down) for data transfer are in a blue box. When the blue box is gone, no problems. It happens when I press any of the main buttons: phone, email, calendar, etc. When I sync the phone it stops, but it doesn't fix the problem permanently. It ends up coming back.

    I only have two new applications, the new scanlife app and a palm downloads program. Both have now been deleted, but then it happened again. Sometimes editing a contact triggers it, sometimes it's trying to get to my camera, or email, or whatever.

    Let me add that the first experience of this problem was while in the phone store while they were updating my plan, adding another phone, and changing my wife's phone to a new phone. I just assumed it was on the Sprint end of things that caused the problem and that once my plan was updated it wouldn't happen again. Now I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or if they caused my problem somehow.
  10. #10  
    I deleted voice control and will see if that is a permanent fix for me.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemccoy View Post
    I deleted voice control and will see if that is a permanent fix for me.
    Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. It seems the majority of anecdotal evidence points to the Voicecontrol program. I have not had a reset loop in the week since my hard reset with everything else reinstalled but VC. This is probably not the end of story though.
  12. #12  
    I read this thread a couple days ago...just in time to be caught in the same loop last night. I remembered all the comments in here and did the same as Merc: warm rest > backup > hard rest, and then I deleted the voice mail app. I evidently hit the side button accidently while working through an issue with my memory card (It was not a good night). Thanks to all those who wrote in. It would've been even more nightmarish had it not been for reading this stuff. I have to say though, that I'm beginning to wonder if this is kinda like one of those internet horror shows. I read about an issue then my phone replicates the issue. This is the third issue in a month that has been like that. Maybe I should stop reading these threads (wink).
  13. #13  
    Just to follow up, after deleting the voice control I've had no more issues. Hope it stays that way.

Posting Permissions