1.    #1  
    Can someone in a nutshell outline the features the 755p has that the 650 doesn't?

My headset-out crapped out on me again (3rd time on my now 4th 650) so I'm stuck using bluetooth again which is just awful on the 650. I think it's time for the upgrade on that reason alone.

Is there anything else on the horizon that may be worth waiting for? Thanks in advance. It's been a while since I've posted. I know, I know... I sound like a newbie.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Thank you. But it doesn't allow me to compare to the 650. I wanted to see a side-by-side comparison of the two products so I can check if it's worth the upgrade. I can get a new "refurbished" 650 through Asurion for $50. I need to justify the additional $300.
    Hi,

I just did the same upgrade. I kept holding out for the next best things and didn't find it. The Iphone was nice, but sluggish. Maybe in 2 revisions it will be what I want. I took a hard look at the helio ocean, and although it is nice, it's made for 20 year olds... although it had exchange and office file viewers, it does not feel like a business phone.

The 755p is a combination of a bunch of small changes that make the treo better. The software bundle is great. Versa mail is a very good program, but if you have already upgraded the 650 and bought the exchange connector to use active sync, it is no different. It is nice that it has docs to go (and that it can open PDFs). On the phone side, bluetooth appears better (at least connecting to things is easier). There are small changes on all the built in apps and those are nice.

The phone feels better than the 650 (feels a little smaller). The cover for the card is key, as I lost two in the past few years.

Believe it or not, one of the best improvements is that the home key (to go to apps) can wake up the phone from sleep. This means saving a step if you want to start an app other than phone/email/calendar. It is a very small change, but it makes a difference.

I guess my point is that the 755 is just like the 650 but a little better. Is it worth 300 bucks? not sure yet, but I'm much happier with it than with my 650 (even if it lasted me 3-4 years). I don't think the 755 will last that long since there are newer and better phones on the horizon, but it was time to move on.

Hope this helps.

Art
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    The most important change is the high speed EVDO capability - that alone makes the upgrade worth it, in my opinion.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I went from the 650 to the 755p in the past month. My upgrade resulted from a switch in providers, so I didn't have your dilemma when it comes to whether or not to upgrade. I, too, was holding out for future features like Stereo Bluetooth and WiFi but nothing on that scale is coming down the pipe for the next year, so I made the switch.

Overall comparison: 755p has more memory, no antenna, its much faster and has a better screen. I have found the web faster as well and bluetooth has better range.

In a nutshell, the 755p is much like your current phone, only better and newer. If you can afford the upgrade, I would recommend it. You know you want to, you're not going to get anyone on this site to warn against it. Just do it. That's what power phone users do, we upgrade, am I right?
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
  7. DJT
    I'm looking to upgrade from my Treo 650 as well. I went through two Treo 600s and two 650s with that damned headset jack issue. Now that Verizon is offering a 755p, I'm really wanting to upgrade. The EVDO sounds very nice, and I've been frustrated with the slow download speed of my 650 on many occassions. What I really want to know, however, is if they have finally fixed the headset jack so that I don't have to continue replacing my Treo every 8 to 12 months

Also a bit curious of the 755p works with the Jabra BT8010 stereo Blue-Tooth headset. I'm hearing that it's a nightmare with the 650, right after the one I ordered showed up, of course. Would be nice to listen to streaming internet radio via a Blue-Tooth stereo headset. For talking on the phone, though, I still prefer a wired headset for the quality.

Oh, and is there any alternative to this hideous green 755p from Verizon? Ugh, is it too much to ask for to just have a professional looking $400 phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by DJT View Post

Also a bit curious of the 755p works with the Jabra BT8010 stereo Blue-Tooth headset. I'm hearing that it's a nightmare with the 650, right after the one I ordered showed up, of course. Would be nice to listen to streaming internet radio via a Blue-Tooth stereo headset. For talking on the phone, though, I still prefer a wired headset for the quality.

I use the BT8010 - works great. You need Softick's audio gateway for it to work, but I use it all the time.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  9. DJT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I use the BT8010 - works great. You need Softick's audio gateway for it to work, but I use it all the time.
    Nice I've got it paired (when it wants to be) with my 650 right now and the sound quality on both ends seems pretty good for phone calls. It's the first BT headset that my girlfriend hasn't complained about due to call quality. Looking forward to trying it out the wireless stereo headphone feature
    Based on the article I just read on this site about what to expect from Palm in 2008, the 755p looks to be the last Palm-based Treo until the next version of the Palm OS debuts. Optimistically, that won't be until late in 08 so now might be the best time to upgrade your 650s. You know you'll get at least a year of having the newest available Palm Treo in your pocket and if the next-gen OS is as earth shattering as predicted, it may take awhile for all your current apps to be compatible to justify the next upgrade.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...You know you want to, just upgrade already.
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!