1.    #1  
    Is there anyone who can help me with the Cox server information for my Treo 700p? Sprint wasn't able to assist, so I figure somebody here would be able to assist. I already have the outgoing server as www.sprintpcs.com.

Specifically, I need the following:

- Incoming Port #; Is SSL checked?
    - Outgoing Port #; Is SSL checked? ESMPT checked? If so, you use your sprint user name/password or cox user name/password.

Thanks, in advance. I'm thinking the issue is w/the port number(s).
    Last edited by emmettervin; 12/22/2007 at 10:42 PM. Reason: mis-spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by emmettervin View Post
    Is there anyone who can help me with the Cox server information for my Treo 700p? Sprint wasn't able to assist, so I figure somebody here would be able to assist. I already have the outgoing server as www.sprintpcs.com.

Specifically, I need the following:

- Incoming Port #; Is SSL checked?
    - Outgoing Port #; Is SSL checked? ESMPT checked? If so, you use your sprint user name/password or cox user name/password.

Thanks, in advance. I'm thinking the issue is w/the port number(s).
    For SnapperMail using Cox, here's what I have"
    SSL is not checked for either.
    I don't see an ESMPT option.

Hope this helps
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    Thank, TurboTiger. Would you mind sharing what your incoming & outgoing port settings are?
    Quote Originally Posted by emmettervin View Post
    Thank, TurboTiger. Would you mind sharing what your incoming & outgoing port settings are?
    POP3 Settings: Use Port: 110
    SMTP Settings: Use Port: 25

also, the "Use CRAM-MD5 Authentication" is checked.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, Turbo. I'm still having no luck. I'll call Sprint again.
  6.    #6  
    I finally found a very patient Sprint rep to walk me (succesfully) through the process. It was well worth the lengthy conversation.

For those who are still having issues setting up their cox email on your treos, here are the settings that work for me:

Username = the name before the @cox.net. It sounds simple but some providers require the full email as the username.

Incoming Server = pop.east.cox.net (will change based on part of the country you're in)

Outgoing Server - smpt.sprintpcs.com

Advanced Settings:
    Incoming Port #110 SSL and APOP not checked
    Outgoing Port #25; SSL not checked, but ESMTP is. Your username here is your sprint name/email before the cox.net. It gets a bit tricky with the password, as they assigned me a new one at that time.

I hope this helps somebody else...
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    so does mail come in thru cox but leave thru sprint?
    what email address does receiver get on the mail u send out?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
  8.    #8  
    Great question and that's the part that sorta sucks, depending on the mode in which you retrieve the email. In my outloo, it comes through as:

my sprint "username on behalf of cox name".

If I pick it up w/my treo, it comes as from my cox account.

I'll call Sprint back at some point to see if there's a way around this, regarding the Outlook email. I'd prefer that it not show the sprint email address.
    You have to send mail through your sprint account because Cox won't allow you since you are not connected to their server (they don't want people dumping tons of spam through their servers). As long as you put your Cox address in the the "return address" field when setting up the account, that is what should show on the other end (and that's what they would reply to). If they read through the headers, they would see your Sprint address, but they would have to look for it...