Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Go to tryda.com (or to telepages.net, which will redirect you to the new, new home at tryda.com).

Marc
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfield View Post
    Go to tryda.com (or to telepages.net, which will redirect you to the new, new home at tryda.com).

Marc
    Thanks for the link...I have been waiting for this. Just downloaded it and will give it a go.

Ed
    I just downloaded a copy of "tryda" into my Centro and it is working great. All of the same features including my favorites of "Reverse Lookup" and "Neighbors". It has a couple of new features called "Favorites" and "Clips" which should come in handy. The FAQ section has a good summary of capabilities. It also says it is FREE, not shareware. Check it out at: www.tryda.com
    FastFrank
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    So far, so good. Great to have this terrific program back in the fold...
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    What the hell is with all the security bull? EULA and crazy registration process? I ain't giving them my info. Seems very shady to me. I tried a disposable email address and even that didn't work; email was encrypted. Are you kidding me?
    Tryda is great - there are even some improvements over the original DA. I am liking this a lot. Of course, there are some searches that come up incomplete, but I'm sure that's from the yellow pages or wherever DA gets its info. Great & essential app.
    Everything is working great! So nice to have it back on my Treo!!
    Great work Rick.
    Looking good so far Rick,
    Thanks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    What the hell is with all the security bull? EULA and crazy registration process? I ain't giving them my info. Seems very shady to me. I tried a disposable email address and even that didn't work; email was encrypted. Are you kidding me?
    Feel that way if you like, and miss out. For years Rick and his DA have treated us fantastic, and for nothing. I doubt there is a more respectable programmer out there. Returned emails within hours and has created the single best program ever for POS users. I don't say that lightly, but once you get used to using the features on this program, you'll see. I'm sure that there are reasons out there that he needs this in order to use the other proprietary services he's using.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Feel that way if you like, and miss out. For years Rick and his DA have treated us fantastic, and for nothing. I doubt there is a more respectable programmer out there. Returned emails within hours and has created the single best program ever for POS users. I don't say that lightly, but once you get used to using the features on this program, you'll see. I'm sure that there are reasons out there that he needs this in order to use the other proprietary services he's using.
    Well said RickMG
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Did you read the FAQ? He details the reason there. Frankly, I have no problem providing the information.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    Can this be ran from your SD card?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    If this was from anybody but Rick, I would not have signed up. However, it is great to have DA working again.

One thing I do not like is the space they put before the shortcut name. I can't use the first letter of the app to launch it. I guess he did that to make his application first on the list. If every developer did that, it would not be good.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I also think the application name is strange. I thought Tryda was the name of the website, as in getfirefox.com. I don't get naming the app that, but of course that is minor.

More importantly I miss the proxy preference, as my wife only has the tzones plan through tmobile. I have sent an email requesting that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    If this was from anybody but Rick, I would not have signed up. However, it is great to have DA working again.

One thing I do not like is the space they put before the shortcut name. I can't use the first letter of the app to launch it. I guess he did that to make his application first on the list. If every developer did that, it would not be good.
    I quickly renamed the App thru Zlauncher to get rid of the space and the trademark symbol. The name needs to be changed. I don't get why its called TryDA.

I tried it, I liked it.

Hey Rick, call it something else!
    Last edited by swieder; 12/23/2007 at 10:53 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Nice! Odd that Rick has not announced it himself?

ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    On my Centro, the app seems to keep the data connection alive, even though I've de-selected both notification options. The side effect is that the app causes the battery to burn faster.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Technically it's " tryDA(tm)" which is kind of annoying because it shows up as the first app in the list. That's really not necessary IMO, it's not like DA has any competition (with all due respects...)

I'm glad it's back, and so is my wife. She used it more than I did!
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Technically it's " tryDA(tm)" which is kind of annoying because it shows up as the first app in the list. That's really not necessary IMO, it's not like DA has any competition (with all due respects...)

I'm glad it's back, and so is my wife. She used it more than I did!
    Yeah I noticed that too. I don't want to be seeing it as the first program.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I quickly renamed the App to get rid of the space and the trademark symbol. The name needs to be changed. I don't get why its called TryDA.
    What did you use to do that... I tried renaming apps within Palm "details" but they still show up in the same order.

I do not have any special third party launchers like ZLauncher etc.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks...

AB
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast