Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmEnvy View Post
    Two questions for the masses:

I have my first treo ( verizon 755p). Can I load and run this program on the memory card?

My treo came with google maps in the ROM. Can you guys educate me on why you also have google maps in RAM or on your SD Cards? Is this something I will need to do?

thanks for your help.
    Not sure about the card but TDA has a small memory footprint so I don't know if it's necessary.

Google Maps is in RAM because it's the updated version. Can't update the ROM version without a firmware update. GM is being placed on the card because TDA looks there first, if there isn't a version there, it uses the ROM version. I was hoping this update what change the pecking order to Card->RAM->ROM so TDA would use the latest version without it being on the card but it didn't......Anyone seen a change log?
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Not sure about the card but TDA has a small memory footprint so I don't know if it's necessary.

Google Maps is in RAM because it's the updated version. Can't update the ROM version without a firmware update. GM is being placed on the card because TDA looks there first, if there isn't a version there, it uses the ROM version. I was hoping this update what change the pecking order to Card->RAM->ROM so TDA would use the latest version without it being on the card but it didn't......Anyone seen a change log?
    Ok, last question I promise. Before someone yells at me to just try it.

I have been using the "find nearby business" function in GoogleMaps. Is this software superior to that?

thanks.

PE
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I find it to be easier because you can enter the location and business on the same page rather than finding the location and then nearby business. Just try it!!!
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
    Thanks, I just emailed him from the contactus tryda page... Can you tell me how he fixed it? Did he have to send you a different version or something of the sort?
    Yes on the different version, Have you got yours going yet? I noticed he just came out with an updated version, 1.5 I believe.
    I show the latest to be 1.05 which I downloaded yesterday.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I don't think you can run tryda on your memory card but it's worth using only 200 or so K to have this program.

As for Google maps, I think it is what it is too, but what you should do every now and then after it's been used for awhile is use the menu button while you're in Google Maps and go to options and then reset google maps. That will clear out all the memory that it has accumulated while you're using it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I store tryda on my sd card via PowerRun. Works fine this way.
    Sure, as it does not work automagically with anything. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
    The save to memo function doesn't work for me from this new version. I can see the directions from the resulting browser fine. but saving to memo is aways blank. This didn't happen to me in the old DA

I'm having the same problem with tryda on my 650. Were you able to find a fix?

Also, when I try to get "Map" in the results screen it jut blanks for a second and comes back to that screen I see there is some explanation of this on his FAQ but I can't figure out how to fix it. I am using Zlauncher and I keep GoogleMaps on my card
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 01/20/2008 at 03:41 PM.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I've downloaded the latest version of tryda (1.05). The query for a business seems to be hit and miss.
    Case: Click on Business. enter "nodding dog", dallas, tx. Results returned are none. But going to the yellowpages.com website returns one.

So, I tried to send an email to support@tryda.com to give them this as a test case.
    I got back the following email:
    Support@tryda.com
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<Support@tryda.com>:
    host smtp.where.secureserver.net [208.109.80.149]:
    553 Spam Sending Network 64.62.164.0. <http://unblock.secureserver.net/?ip=64.62.164.*>

So we cannot send emails to support at this time. If anyone from tryda.com is reading these messages, you will need to go to the website to unblock your ip addresses since the entire range has been reported as a spam/virus email source.

PS:I'm glad you are back! I missed using this very valuable tool!
    Apple Newton/Palm III/Palm V/Treo 180/Treo 300/Treo 650/Treo 700/Treo 755
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345