Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd View Post
    I don't like the space in front of the name to put it as my number one program. Throws off getting to other applications that i use more frequently.
    You can always rename it thru LancherX or FileZ and it will be as normal...
    How do I get tryda to launch GoogleMaps (the PRC). Whenever I check directions, I just get a link in blazer to Google Maps website. I have a copy of googlemaps.prc in both RAM and on the SD card.

Thanks
    I had no issues with registration/activation. I did everything from my laptop.

So far so good using it.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    First time using this app and i cant find the neighbor feature talked about?

Mike
    Do a reverse query and switch from Phone to Address lookup and the neighbors option should pop up.

Merry Xmas, FastFrank
    FastFrank
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefBragg View Post
    What did you use to do that... I tried renaming apps within Palm "details" but they still show up in the same order.

I do not have any special third party launchers like ZLauncher etc.
    AB
    Don't believe there is a way to change the name without a 3rd-party utility like zLauncher.

In case anyone runs into it, you need to exit ZL and restart to force it to resort the apps after you change the name.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    I received an email on 12/23/07 notifying me that Tryda 1.0 Public Release is available. Is this the same version from the Original Poster when this thread first started? Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    It is. Ben
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    Don't believe there is a way to change the name without a 3rd-party utility like zLauncher.

In case anyone runs into it, you need to exit ZL and restart to force it to resort the apps after you change the name.
    Better yet, you can just Refresh Apps (Menu + A) within ZL.
    Using Palm Pre on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd View Post
    Sorry Rick. Too many steps to register and authenticate. Can't get the web page to authenticate. Can't go directly through TryDA. Also, I don't like the space in front of the name to put it as my number one program. Throws off getting to other applications that i use more frequently. I loved DA, and would have been willing to pay for a new version. this just isn't my style. I see lots of people love it, and I wish you well.
    Website finally worked, so I am registered, and trying DA. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Registered and all I get is "Verifying User" and then It says "Service did not return a valid response! Checked my internet connection and all is good.
    I can't get past "Verifying User" either. After a while I get this:

"Error inNetLibSocket Connect()call, result code 4626"

It may help to know that I have the economy version T-mobile Internet on my Treo 650. It reaches the Internet through a proxy server.
    Quote Originally Posted by eafenyes View Post
    I can't get past "Verifying User" either. After a while I get this:

"Error inNetLibSocket Connect()call, result code 4626"

It may help to know that I have the economy version T-mobile Internet on my Treo 650. It reaches the Internet through a proxy server.
    And someone earlier said that it doesn't yet do proxies, so there's the problem.
  13. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    I really liked the previous DA app and was very much looking forward the new and improved DA. While the app itself works wonderfully, I believe the approach being used to query directory data is a bad one. It appears that the TRYDA folks are hosting their own directory dbase, which the tryda app queries. This is inherently bad as keeping the records up to date is a huge undertaking. Most of the smaller web directories out there which try to compete with the big directories by basically syncing their data are no where near as accurate as the bigger directories. I can't see how Tryda can hope to do better.

In my limited use of the app over the past few days, I'd say that it's less than 75% accurate at the very best.

Further, it seems suspicious to me that the Tryda folks would require one to login to their site to use the dbase. There is other ways that one could limit access to their dbase, namely via the tryda client app itself. The ONLY reason I can see for collecting email addresses is for spamming at some later time. Makes sense I guess given all of the work they've put into this new site, yet the app remains free.

While I applaud the effort, I'm going to stick with x-411. x-411 performs as well as Tryda and I don't need to log into a site to use it.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Rick explained that it was to show how many unique users they had using tryda.
    I have a registered version of x411 as well as tryda.

tryda seems to find generic hits far better than x411. For instance if I search for 'J Doe' x411 will not find the 'John Doe' listing, but tryda does.

If I search for 'John Doe' they both find it.

ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    I cannot believe all the bickering that's going on here about registration. This is STILL the best ap out there for anyone who needs to look up phone numbers, and fast. I also doubt very seriously that they are using their own database. Why the scepticism? Because you have to give your email address? Tell me one program that you have to pay for that you don't have to give your email address for the registration number. Would you feel better if you paid for this?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    +1 to that!
    Treo 755p / Sprint
  18. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I cannot believe all the bickering that's going on here about registration. This is STILL the best ap out there for anyone who needs to look up phone numbers, and fast. I also doubt very seriously that they are using their own database. Why the scepticism? Because you have to give your email address? Tell me one program that you have to pay for that you don't have to give your email address for the registration number. Would you feel better if you paid for this?
    The statement that they are having us log in to determine unique users is crap. I have a problem with this. Do you need to log in before you use Microsoft office? Nope, yet MS has gone to GREAT lengths to prevent multiple people of using the same license.

Rik needs to come clean and state why he is really collecting this information. He is charging nothing for his software or service, yet he requires a log in. What is his business model? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to collect the dots.

I don't care if this is the best app known to man. I have a problem when a developer isn't upfront with his user base.

I don't mind giving an email address. You are right, you usually do need to give a email address out there to register an app.

How many apps do you own that require you to login before you use it? That is VERY uncommon.

If we aren't using his dbase, then WHY ARE WE LOGGING IN???

Yes, I would rather pay for this app than be required to log in every time I used it.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    I got my Centro for Christmas, loaded Tryda on my phone that night and I have been using it since. Thanks Tryda
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    The statement that they are having us log in to determine unique users is crap. I have a problem with this. Do you need to log in before you use Microsoft office? Nope, yet MS has gone to GREAT lengths to prevent multiple people of using the same license.

Rik needs to come clean and state why he is really collecting this information. He is charging nothing for his software or service, yet he requires a log in. What is his business model? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to collect the dots.

I don't care if this is the best app known to man. I have a problem when a developer isn't upfront with his user base.

I don't mind giving an email address. You are right, you usually do need to give a email address out there to register an app.

How many apps do you own that require you to login before you use it? That is VERY uncommon.

If we aren't using his dbase, then WHY ARE WE LOGGING IN???

Yes, I would rather pay for this app than be required to log in every time I used it.
    In my opinion, if it's that big of a deal for you, simply don't use the product. Problem solved.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast