Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey Tony.

For me, it is only one click ("Select") away as I file everything as unfiled and delete all other categories. This way, all apps are always available.

If I want the Calc, I hit "C" and quicky navigate to it with my thumb.

After 11 years of using Palm OS, I have found this is the fastest and easiest way for me. Holding a key down seems ackward, but I do use it sometimes.

Try it, U might like it. Anyone else do this? and are you old?

Yes, I Am Old :-)
    FastFrank
    FastFrank:

That is precisely my point. If you press "T", does it launch " tryDA"? For me, it does not, because it actually starts with a space (presumably because the developer wants it to be first on my list) instead of a "T".
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Registered and all I get is "Verifying User" and then It says "Service did not return a valid response! Checked my internet connection and all is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    FastFrank:

That is precisely my point. If you press "T", does it launch " tryDA"? For me, it does not, because it actually starts with a space (presumably because the developer wants it to be first on my list) instead of a "T".
    You wouldn't need to I guess, unless you're elsewhere in the list.. Maybe hitting space would do it?

I have too many apps to use the built-in Launcher, so I use ZLauncher and HiLauncher to suppliment. I resisted HiLauncher for a long time and used QuickLaunchAnywhere within ZL but I finally gave in and I am very happy with the combination.. Anywho
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Hmmm, ok here's a small bug... I noticed that when I use the mapping, it runs the older ROM version of GoogleMaps instead of the newer version in RAM. This seems to be a problem that many apps have had and is easily fixed.

Dave
    The following is from the FAQ's in tryda:

I have a newer Treo model and it came with GoogleMaps pre-installed in ROM. I can install a more recent version into RAM or onto the SD card and run it from the launcher, but trydaTM always runs the OLD copy. Is there a workaround?

trydaTM now looks on the SD card first for a version of the GoogleMaps program and runs it, if found. If there is not one there, it attempts to run the device-resident copy. So placing the latest version on the SD card is a workaround that allows you to use the latest version of GoogleMaps with trydaTM.
    FastFrank
    Everything seems to work well with this app in the short time I've used it. I like the extra features. I didn't care for all the security measures required to activate the app. As others mentioned, I also updated Google maps when the message appeared that a newer version is available. I can't wait to practice more with this app.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank View Post
    The following is from the FAQ's in tryda:

I have a newer Treo model and it came with GoogleMaps pre-installed in ROM. I can install a more recent version into RAM or onto the SD card and run it from the launcher, but trydaTM always runs the OLD copy. Is there a workaround?

trydaTM now looks on the SD card first for a version of the GoogleMaps program and runs it, if found. If there is not one there, it attempts to run the device-resident copy. So placing the latest version on the SD card is a workaround that allows you to use the latest version of GoogleMaps with trydaTM.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't look in the FAQ. (Oops.)

But honestly, I don't want GoogleMaps on the SD card. I want it in RAM. Hopefully tryda will be updated to run the RAM version instead of the ROM version. Other apps have overcome this. (If memory serves, didn't DirectoryAssistant have this problem when it first supported GoogleMaps and it was subsequently fixed?)

Dave
    I really like what they have done so far with tryda. Until they get their directory completely updated, I'm bouncing between tryda and x411. Using both, I haven't found a business yet that one of them can't find. However, I do see int the tryda FAQ that they are collecting and inputting new data into their system as well as working on initiatives to improve the data quality.

It should be interesting to see how tryda develops over the next few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I really like what they have done so far with tryda. Until they get their directory completely updated, I'm bouncing between tryda and x411. Using both, I haven't found a business yet that one of them can't find. However, I do see int the tryda FAQ that they are collecting and inputting new data into their system as well as working on initiatives to improve the data quality.

It should be interesting to see how tryda develops over the next few months.
    I tried quite a few of the local businesses in town I call and a few residential numbers, all of them worked. I have yet to get a reverse lookup, however, so maybe that's part of the missing data.
    Anyone else not getting the automated registration emails? I've tried a couple of different addresses (including checking my SPAM folders), and I don't seem to be getting any thing -- after 30 minutes...

EDIT: I tried again directly from their website and received an instant response... Seems the issue was when trying to register from the Palm.
    Last edited by kd_cooke; 12/23/2007 at 08:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't look in the FAQ. (Oops.)

But honestly, I don't want GoogleMaps on the SD card. I want it in RAM. Hopefully tryda will be updated to run the RAM version instead of the ROM version. Other apps have overcome this. (If memory serves, didn't DirectoryAssistant have this problem when it first supported GoogleMaps and it was subsequently fixed?)

Dave
    x2

I too am hoping Rick updates TryDA to launch Google from RAM instead.

I worked on this yesterday...running Google from the card worked for TryDA but confused ZLauncher (it kept reverting to the ROM version again).
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I tried quite a few of the local businesses in town I call and a few residential numbers, all of them worked. I have yet to get a reverse lookup, however, so maybe that's part of the missing data.
    I have tested the reverse lookup feature in the Michigan area and it is working well. I tested two days ago.

Its great to have DA back!
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    I was not able to DL tryda from my 650 (keeps resetting) so I DL from my laptop and hotsynced to the 650. I registered from the treo, entered all the info required and it's been 15 hours and still no return email to activate tryda. I thought it's an automated process. Did I do something wrong?
    Feels a lot like the old DA - got to try the new version this morning and so far, so good on my 755P!

It does feel odd going through the registration process compared to the old way but, if it pays Rick for bringing back an excellent tool, I'm happy (and would have gladly paid for the new version of the app).
    Brian
    Will it be worth sticking to HP Web OS? I hope so but need to see the right hardware and software.
    Why not just put google maps on both the card and in RAM? Wouldn't that solve the problem?
    I was an early adopter of DA and have missed it greatly. Was using Sprint's On-Demand 411 feature but it was resetting my 755p lately! Just loaded and tried tryDA and it appears to be working well including map and reverse lookup. Where do I donate?
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudedvision View Post
    I was not able to DL tryda from my 650 (keeps resetting) so I DL from my laptop and hotsynced to the 650. I registered from the treo, entered all the info required and it's been 15 hours and still no return email to activate tryda. I thought it's an automated process. Did I do something wrong?
    I registered again, this time from a laptop and it worked! Apparently registering from theTreo did not work for me. It's been a long time without DA and I'm glad it is finally back! Let's hope there are no more interruptions.
    Sorry Rick. Too many steps to register and authenticate. Can't get the web page to authenticate. Can't go directly through TryDA. Also, I don't like the space in front of the name to put it as my number one program. Throws off getting to other applications that i use more frequently. I loved DA, and would have been willing to pay for a new version. this just isn't my style. I see lots of people love it, and I wish you well.
    I'm wildly grateful for this program. Thank you!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast