Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I recently had issuses with my Verizon 700p after doing the software/firmware update. The phone has been freezing when an incoming call comes in, resetting randomly, and i've been getting this error message "could not edit message. (file:messageeditorform.cpp, line: 65) continuing may cause further errors in mail". Took the phone to Verizon today and they gave me a new one. Synced it when i got home and i have just gotten the above error message.

    Any ideas...? It looks like an email error but i dont use email on the phone, i dont even have the data plan.
  2. #2  
    So the phone you just got is gving you the same message the other one did. Chances are you have a software issue that you brought right back onto the device with your hotsync.
  3. #3  
    Try a clean install. (This can clear up software corruption or conflicts that are causing issues.)

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Try a clean install. (This can clear up software corruption or conflicts that are causing issues.)

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5
    Clean Install, Clean Install, Clean Install.

    Good to see you posting back in the 700p forum Perry.

    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5. #5  
    LOL

    Ya, I am a one horse kinda answer guy.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    LOL

    Ya, I am a one horse kinda answer guy.

    OK Bro, Glad you're doing well and you're consistent in your valuable Treo advice has help many on these threads. Here's my question:

    After a hard reset and one begins to install 3rd party apps one by one and not from the BackUp folder, is there any trick to restoring the preferences you set on certain apps or would defeat the purpose of a clean install?

    I have several apps (like 2day) that took me hours to get the preferences where I wanted them.

    TIA and Geaux Tigers
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7. #7  
    Defeating the clean install is always the risk. . .

    But how 'bout this: do the clean install, do a full backup to an SD card, then move the appropriate prefs file back to you backup folder (from the backupold folder)on the pc, hot sync and see if you are okay.

    If not, hard reset and restore from the back up on the card -- you will not have lost the clean install.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Defeating the clean install is always the risk. . .

    But how 'bout this: do the clean install, do a full backup to an SD card, then move the appropriate prefs file back to you backup folder (from the backupold folder)on the pc, hot sync and see if you are okay.

    If not, hard reset and restore from the back up on the card -- you will not have lost the clean install.
    Ok Yoda Perry, as usualy, you are very wise.
    Tks and Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  9.    #9  
    Thanks.

    Going to try the reset and see how it works for a few days. Hopefully all will be well.
  10. #10  
    Could also be due to a corrupted database record.

    Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

    Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!

Posting Permissions