1.    #1  
    I was going to download eudora, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that eudora won't let me check my yahoo mail. In my hazy memory, something about having problems because yahoo mail uses javascript. What solutions do people use? Is there some palm mail program that will let me check my yahoo mail wireless? Or, is there a free email provider that does work with eudora (in which case, I'll just auto-forward my yahoo mail over to it)?

I've been contemplating taking the plunge and trying to get the yahoo mail pqa to work on my platinum, but it seems to be a risky proposition, and I'd rather just connect with a mailer.

Joe
    heelh00k@yahoo.com
    Yahoo should work with any POP3 client. I use it with Outlook Express 5 and it works just fine.

Below is how to setup Eudora from the mail.yahoo.com website.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Version 4 of Eudora Pro allows you to set up multiple email accounts, so you do not have to replace your current POP and SMTP settings in order to send and receive new Yahoo! Mail messages.
    Click on the Tools Menu and select "Personalities."
    Right click in the "Personalities" box (on the left of the screen) and select "New."
    The New Account Wizard will take you through the set-up.
    Use the following settings:
    Personality Name: Yahoo! Mail
    Account Settings: select "Create a new account."
    Personal Information: enter your name.
    Email Address: enter your Yahoo! Mail address (i.e., user@yahoo.com).
    Login Name: enter your Yahoo! Mail address name (without the "@yahoo.com").
    Incoming Email Server: type "pop.mail.yahoo.com"; make sure that POP is selected at the bottom.
    Outgoing Email Server: type "smtp.mail.yahoo.com"
    Click the "Finish" button when you are done.
    To control deletion of messages from the Yahoo! Mail Server, follow these steps:

Click on the "Tools" menu and select "Options."
    Click the picture on the left that says "Incoming Mail."
    Check "Delete from server after…" if you want your messages to be deleted from the Yahoo! Mail server once you have received them Eudora. Do not check this box if you want to save your Yahoo! Mail messages on the Yahoo! Mail server as well as on your local computer.
    It works fine. I use it to check 2 yahoo mail accounts.

Rick
    To check your Yahoo mail wirelessly, use any palm browser and go to http://mobile.yahoo.com/home
    You can view your mail w/o the javascript.

Wk
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys. I actually did a search of old threads and found some contradictory advice. I'm using avantgo off mobile.yahoo.com/home right now, and that's working for me just fine so I'll stick with that for now. My only misgiving with avantgo is a lack of a bookmark or favorites list, which is getting old real quick. I'm either going to think about changing to a browser that does have that feature, or maybe I'll have to hang a web page out there somewhere that has my favorites on it, so I can go to that web page, and go down my faves from there.
    Originally posted by Joe Talmadge
    My only misgiving with avantgo is a lack of a bookmark or favorites list, which is getting old real quick. I'm either going to think about changing to a browser that does have that feature, or maybe I'll have to hang a web page out there somewhere that has my favorites on it, so I can go to that web page, and go down my faves from there.
    You could import your bookmarks into yahoo and then access them on your MyYahoo page from any browser.

Getting back to mail, I find web mail cumbersome on a handheld. I find it much easier to download Yahoo into a Palm OS pop mail client like Eudora Mail.
    $.02
    The only conflict I've found it that when I overclock the processor, Yahoo seems to get touchy (other accounts are fine). Turn off Afterburner, no prob.