1. iii
    Over the last few years I migrated from the 650 to the 700p and now the 755p. I never reinstalled my apps, I just synced them to the new device each time. Everything works fine and the device is stable. There is one quirk I'd like to fix. The pull down menus have the old 650 forward slash next to each choice rather than the pull down menu Icon that's on the 700 and 755. Is there any way to edit my saved preferences to fix that? What file would contain this info? Thanks.
    Last edited by iii; 12/21/2007 at 01:09 AM.
  2. iii
    Well....Can anyone please tell me where the Saved Preferences are stored. Can they be edited/modified? Thanks
    not to hijack your thread but i have a question. In your call log. does it display the duration of the call under details? I have a work related 755p from SPRINT and it doesnt do this.. very gay if you ask me
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!
    Quote Originally Posted by iii View Post
    Over the last few years I migrated from the 650 to the 700p and now the 755p. I never reinstalled my apps, I just synced them to the new device each time. Everything works fine and the device is stable. There is one quirk I'd like to fix. The pull down menus have the old 650 forward slash next to each choice rather than the pull down menu Icon that's on the 700 and 755. Is there any way to edit my saved preferences to fix that? What file would contain this info? Thanks.
    You are one lucky cat. Syncing applications is a big no no. I did it once in my early Palm adolescent days and I bricked my device. Since, I have practiced the clean install method only.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    not to hijack your thread but i have a question. In your call log. does it display the duration of the call under details? I have a work related 755p from SPRINT and it doesnt do this.. very gay if you ask me
    This thread on removing the "Call Duration" screen, will also fix that problem, although, I don't know if the Verizon 755 has the call duration screen, as the Sprint does. That's a little screen that pops up after you disconnect a call.

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...d.php?t=154330

-
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Well, I have always migrated to a new Treo by doing a restore from a backup. Never had a problem doing it that way.
    RJuhl
  7. iii
    I had a problem with DocsToGo being corrupted after all. Their site recommends doing a hard reset, deleting the saved_preferences.prc file from the backup folder and re-syncing. Document ID - 13568 on the Dataviz site.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjuhl View Post
    Well, I have always migrated to a new Treo by doing a restore from a backup. Never had a problem doing it that way.
    Restoring from a backup via SD card is perfectly fine. I have restored my Treo from utilizing RescoBackup successfully from my SD card. Backing up syncing via computer with applications is where you can lead to problems or where as I have experienced and others on this board. I still would rather practice a clean install of apps before any other alternative that might seem harmless.
    at&t iPhone3G