Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I now have 3.0.14 but Chatter and Radio still won't startup after soft reset.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    I now have 3.0.14 but Chatter and Radio still won't startup after soft reset.
    It seems to be an issue only with the 650.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Yeah, but it used to work fine till 3.0.10.

Bring it back, Marc.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    No, it is also an issue with the 700P.

Ben
    Wierd...I have not had this issue since the update and I have a 700p.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I have the latest update on my 680 and have no problem with either the radio or chatter starting after a soft reset. I reset each night after nvbackup..
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Not working on my 755p as well.
    Wow, I wonder what's going on, since Marc & his team didn't change much...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Since Marc said that 3.0.10 had no changes that would affect turn on radio & chatter after reset. I thought maybe I had conflicting 3rd party apps or flaky hardware, so I did a hard reset and installed 3.0.10 as the only 3rd party app- same thing - wouldn't start radio or chatter after reset. I just loaded 3.0.13.1 and all is fine.

I'd really like to know what the root cause was. What's wierd is that a few people do not have this problem with 3.0.10

Is it the Palm OS that's flaky?
    I just retested and version 3.0.14 on my 680 does NOT start up either the network or Chatter after a soft reset.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudedvision View Post

Is it the Palm OS that's flaky?
    Is that a rhetorical question? No really?
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    .15 is now out to try. Ben
    I've stayed with 6 so far... I don't use Google IMAP, haven't seen any other compelling reasons to update.
    So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    .15 is now out to try. Ben
    Does anyone have a zipped version of 3.15? I just did an OTA update from 3.12 to 3.15 and am now getting a fatal error that ChatterUtils is out of date??? I would think the updated version of ChatterUtils would have been present in the OTA update version.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    With .15, it seems like chatter starts the radio again after soft reset. Anyone else want to confirm?
    --
    When I download the latest .15, it downloads a .psi and then unpacks and installs a ChatterUtils. Did you try again?
    --
    14&15 both fixed the problem. 12 was the black sheep for my Sprint 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    Does anyone have a zipped version of 3.15? I just did an OTA update from 3.12 to 3.15 and am now getting a fatal error that ChatterUtils is out of date??? I would think the updated version of ChatterUtils would have been present in the OTA update version.
    I had the same problem. Do this (it worked for me): 1. Warm Reset, 2. Using FileZ or ZLauncher, delete Chatter, ChatterExg, ChatterPOP3, ChatterUtils, and ChatterMatrix (the files that Chatter Installs), 3. Open Blazer and go to get.chatteremail.com and install the new version OTA. It should work now, and since you didn't delete any of your prefs or mailbox info, it'll be as if the upgrade worked. Took lots of hair pulling for me to get it to work...

For what it's worth, I downloaded the zipped version of Chatter and installed it as well - and that didn't work. Only what I did above worked.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    I had the same problem. Do this (it worked for me): 1. Warm Reset, 2. Using FileZ or ZLauncher, delete Chatter, ChatterExg, ChatterPOP3, ChatterUtils, and ChatterMatrix (the files that Chatter Installs), 3. Open Blazer and go to get.chatteremail.com and install the new version OTA. It should work now, and since you didn't delete any of your prefs or mailbox info, it'll be as if the upgrade worked. Took lots of hair pulling for me to get it to work...

For what it's worth, I downloaded the zipped version of Chatter and installed it as well - and that didn't work. Only what I did above worked.
    Thanks for the expert troubleshooting, it worked great.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast