Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BTW, this is happening to my 755p also. This is also reported on the Chatter Forum
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Finally, something that seems to work right on the POS 700p.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I've had this proble. since I switched to the 755. Since Chatter was no longer being supported, I just adapted by using another program to turn the radio on. I start Chatter manually.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Any new minor features in this release?

Regards,
    Kevin
    Kstewart, can you verify that you do not have this problem by resetting your 700P? Who else do not have this problem? i.e. chatter does not turn on radio and connect after resetting treo.

"Originally Posted by cloudedvision
    It seems that after upgrading from 3.0.10 to 3.0.12, chatter does not start at reset, does not turn radio on at reset anymore. I have to manually launch chatter. Did I screw up the upgrade? I useed the "menu Z" command from within chatter. Anyone else have this problem? I'm on a Sprint 650.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by phrogpilot73
    Same thing is happening to me...

I am on a 700p and my update has not changed a thing. I wonder if its a 650 issue?"
    On my 700p I think I noticed the radio and Chatter not starting after the first reset with the latest version. After that, it is functioning as it always has.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I too am having tgis problem on 755p. After a reset the radio turns on but does not connect to the Internet and retreive messages. Before the last update, it did.
    If I uncheck 'deeper sleep' in the performance preferences on my Centro, I get much better battery life.
    I'm sorry Mark but, after a month trial, I have moved to Agendus Mail for my IMAP needs.

Chatter does push very well, probably the best out of the email clients out there, but it caused too much conflicts with my IM client and it makes my 755p reconnect endlessly ("push" function enabled).

It is still, I believe, mainly an app for businessmen who rely on their exchange servers for their email needs.... but for the average Palm lover and user, i think the price tag is a little too steep if "push" email is not that vital to your everyday functions.

Agendus mail did what i needed it to do... syncing my folders and tags on my gmail account and storing messages on the card. Execution is not perfect, (it cant check mail in the background), but its more cost efficient i think. If Chatter were for sale at about $25, maybe i would go to Chatter.
    any updates to latest chatter (3.0.12) not starting after OS restart?
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Try getting the latest version OTA; it should be 3.0.13.1, and I'm told it works properly.

Marc
    See, another quick fix. Thanks Marc...Happy New Year, Friend.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    Try getting the latest version OTA; it should be 3.0.13.1, and I'm told it works properly.

Marc
    I just tried downloading OTA, and it was still 3.0.12
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Oops. Will be later today, I guess. Sorry about that!

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    Oops. Will be later today, I guess. Sorry about that!

Marc
    I changed the url to the beta, and downloaded it. and it worked great! thanks Marc!!
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    I've tried both the stable and beta OTA upgrades from 3.0.12 and it still shows 3.0.12 as the download file.

Am I missing something?
    I did a download from the BETA version, even though it said it was 3.0.12, and installed it. The version listed in the ABOUT screen after installation is: 3.0.13.1. So the BETA version is the newer version, it just doesn't provide the proper file name when you are prompted to download it.
    thanks for that tip! I kept checking the page to see when it would change from 3.0.12. Still says that, but I am now on 3.0.13.1.
    yep.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    It says I have 3.0.14... How strange. The website said 3.0.12.
    Umm, yeah... It now says that my version of ChatterUtils is out of date and won't start. All I did was try the OTA download. Any ideas?

Disregard. Used ZLauncher to delete all Chatter.prc's and now it works...
    Last edited by phrogpilot73; 01/04/2008 at 11:17 PM.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast