1.    #1  
    I guess since I'm new on here I have a bunch of random questions. I have had 2 650s and now I'm on my way to a 2nd 680. I love the Treo's but I was wondering if I can switch from a Palm OS to Windows based OS. I'm going to need something that runs off of a Windows OS for business reasons. If I have to purchase something that runs off of that then I will, but why not see if there's an alternative? Thanks again.
    Yes, the solution is called: Buy a Treo 750.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Welcome to the forum bsktbllnmusic4.

To answer your question as already answered by a few before me ... no, you would want to buy a Treo 750 model instead.... You cannot convert from Palm OS of a 6xx series to a Windows OS.

I have to say, when I read the subject of your post, I did laugh out loud. Not at you personally, you were only looking for an answer...

Enjoy the forums!
    ... and if you really look for a new WM-Phone better avoid Palm. Their last WM models didn't really convince anybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by wagenrad View Post
    ... and if you really look for a new WM-Phone better avoid Palm. Their last WM models didn't really convince anybody.
    Speak for yourself I love my 750!

Then again, I might be persuaded to another WM device if it has the THREADED messaging app. That one fixture, plus the hard "silent/loud" switch keeps me on the Treo brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi View Post
    Speak for yourself I love my 750!

has the THREADED messaging app. That one fixture, plus the hard "silent/loud" switch keeps me on the Treo brand.
    There must be so many of us who love BOTH these features, god help palm if they ever drop them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    There must be so many of us who love BOTH these features, god help palm if they ever drop them.
    Like they did in the Treo 500v?

Surur
    Just out of curiousity what do you need to do that you can't on the palm operating system...I am an IT manager running IBM AS400 & remote management of 9 windows servers from my 680 with no problem... Well a larger screen WOULD be nice but wouldn't fit in My pocket..