1.    #1  
    I'm considering getting a Centro for my teenager and wondered if anyone was carrying this phone in their pocket as I know he won't wear a holster. Is this a legitimate "pocket phone"? He currently has a Moto Razr (Verizon). Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Definitely. There are several new skins/cases for it. Holster not required.
    Oh yeah. The little bugger is a pocket phone. Sometimes I put it in my pockets. I have even put it in a sack a few times. But mostly, I carry it in a horizontal leather clip case type holster.

From seeing it in the store, I can say that it def is. Looks a LOT bigger than it really is in pictures. The first time I saw it I could not believe how small it was!
    Just to prove its a pocket phone there is a Pocket Lint thread, no pun intended on here somewhere!
  6. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Yes, you can carry it in your pockets. Be careful with keys/coins though .. you'll scratch your baby!
    In all honesty the centro is not that much bigger than the razor closed. I would let them try it out in the store.
    I carry mine in my pocket all the time. (This could not be done comfortably with the Treos.)
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Yes. I have in my pocket, no cases. But I think I am little more careful than an average teen, because I always keep Centro screen face inside, so I don't crack it by running into a table corner or something.

Also like the other post, no coins or keys in the same pocket where Centro is. Other than these two, it is pretty easy to carry around in my pants or coat pockets.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    That's the reason I bought it. I wanted a PDA phone, but I hate the look devices on a belt. I carry it in my pocket all the time.
    The size is the exact reason I bought my Centro. I have always used a holster case for my Treo's and Mogul. I have not put the Centro in case at all. It's just as small as any flip phone I have had, so I only carry it in my front pocket. The only other thing I keep in the pocket with the Centro is my Jabra JX10 headset. I make sure keys and coins are in the other pocket. It evens works well wearing jeans. I sold my 700Wx and am thinking of selling my 755P and Mogul since the Centro has been so stable and small enough to treat like a regular phone.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    I have been carrying treos and now a Centro in my front right pocket for 5-6 years. Keep pocket empty at all times for Centro.to prevent screen damage and always place it with screen facing inward. This will prevent screen damage if you bump the corner of an object such as a table.

Be consistent so you will know the feeling when it is present. Never place in a rear or shirt pocket where it can be crushed or fall out. I use a lanyard to help prevent droping when removing from pocket.

Six years & zero damage/loss.

Good Luck & Enjoi, FastFrank.
    FastFrank
    Quote Originally Posted by t4l View Post
    Yes, you can carry it in your pockets. Be careful with keys/coins though .. you'll scratch your baby!
    That's why I'm installing an InvisibleShield as soon as 'Santa' brings it!

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for all the real-world feedback! Sounds like this is a viable option.
    I have the seidio ruberized case which is super thin and carry it in my pants pocket nothing else is in pocket and screen is always faced in.
    Fred
    I would say yes unless there is something else in your pocket.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior47321 View Post
    I'm considering getting a Centro for my teenager and wondered if anyone was carrying this phone in their pocket as I know he won't wear a holster. Is this a legitimate "pocket phone"? He currently has a Moto Razr (Verizon). Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Not that you need another opinion, but the Centro is absolutely a "pocket" phone.

Buy it!!! You will not regret it.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre