Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So does anyone have thoughts on the verizon 755p? Is there any improvement from the sprint 755p?
    welcome! verizonoos!
    I got mine this afternoon, just as promised. Upgrade from the 700p went mostly smoothly in terms of applications installation. I did have to call VZW tech support to get broadband access straightened out, but the support agent is was pleasant and knowledgeable. We got it working after manually re-programming the phone. The feel is great as is the color. I have a 4gb Kingston SDHC card in the slot and all my tunes and pics copied over very easily using an SDHC reader. Videos play, pics display and tunes are rockin on. I have owned palm devices since 1996 and this was as easy a startup as I have had.
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcaz View Post
    I got mine this afternoon, just as promised. Upgrade from the 700p went mostly smoothly in terms of applications installation.
    What are you using for email? Over at Brighthand there's been a little discussion of these screenshots (new to the Verizon 755p) that show what looks like a cross between VersaMail and ChatterEmail. And of course the header at the top is oh-so-specific, just saying "Email"...

Anyway, with Marc Blank now working at Palm, it stands to reason that this is his handiwork. Hoping someone with Verizon 755 can provide more details.
    The installed email client is the same one which came on the 700p with a Nokia copyright notice. It is the one provided with VZW's Wireless Sync application. I have not installed Versamail on the phone yet, which is what I used for for my corporate exchange account.
    so my big complaint with the 700p is the radio. I find that the radio reception is very poor. i can be with other that have regular LG phones and they have a few bars and i have none. does the 755p have a better radio?
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    In my opinion even though the 755p (a Sprint version compared to a Sprint 700p. 1.10) may show the same or even one bar less onscreen, the 755's reception is generally a bit better. I also noticed slightly crisper/louder voice quality on both the earpiece & speakerphone of all 3 755p's I have tried (all Sprint) in comparison to my VZW 700p and a Sprint 700p.

The onoy areas where the 755p feels cheaper or cut-down in comparison to the 700p is the keyboard backlighting (d-pad directions and space bar are no longer backlit) and the removal of the reset button and the cheaper plastic stylus. Everyting else---camera quality , speaker quality, soft-touch paint, imrpoved formfactor, improved hard buttons---is slightly but noticably improved.
    I don't normally post, but I have had a 650, 700w,700p and now a 755p so I thought I would share my thoughts... I will mainly just comment on the form factor since as we all know there is nothing different about the software. The antenna-less 755p is great compared to the 700p. I know its not all that smaller and lighter, but sure does feel that way. Also the "rubberized" coating is nice and easy to grip. That's mainly it, but my last comment and I know I said I wouldn't talk about the software, but I do need to say, the 755p does seem faster and more responsive to commands then my 700p did.
    I just upgraded from a 650 and the reception is much better. There were two dead spots I always lost connection with using the 650. I haven't lost connection with the 755 yet, even in those two dead spots.

ET
    So I got my new 755p, and things have not been so good. The phone lags a lot more then my old 650 did (and I do not have any programs on this that I did not have on my 650), and my miniSD card slot does not work. I have gone through the hoops with palm, and they confirmed the SD card slot is not working, but apparently verizon can not replace the unit until they are available in stores (the tech people do not have replacement units to send out).

grrr . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by spgiva View Post
    So I got my new 755p, and things have not been so good. The phone lags a lot more then my old 650 did (and I do not have any programs on this that I did not have on my 650), and my miniSD card slot does not work. I have gone through the hoops with palm, and they confirmed the SD card slot is not working, but apparently verizon can not replace the unit until they are available in stores (the tech people do not have replacement units to send out).

grrr . . .
    That's really strange. I'd call Verizon back and see if you can't get a more accommodating rep to send you a replacement.
    The rep I was on the phone with was actually really nice and (supposedly) spoke with several other people. Anyway, I am going out of the country tomorrow and he marked my account to assure that I can get this replaced when I get back.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I've had the 755 P for 3 days. I like the color & the feel. What I don't like: the battery life is horrible - what did I do wrong? Is there a better battery I can get - I don't want a big one that makes the Treo bigger. I've found several instances where it's non-responsive - i.e. had to click on a calendar event several times. Overall, I find the screen to be less responsive, I try several times to hit something with my thumb and it does not work; I have to take the stylus out and use it, where with my 700P I could just use my thumb. Lastly, the stylus is a cheap, flimsy piece of crap - i just bought some metal ones on eBbay. That's about it for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigg View Post
    I've had the 755 P for 3 days. I like the color & the feel. What I don't like: the battery life is horrible - what did I do wrong? Is there a better battery I can get - I don't want a big one that makes the Treo bigger. I've found several instances where it's non-responsive - i.e. had to click on a calendar event several times. Overall, I find the screen to be less responsive, I try several times to hit something with my thumb and it does not work; I have to take the stylus out and use it, where with my 700P I could just use my thumb. Lastly, the stylus is a cheap, flimsy piece of crap - i just bought some metal ones on eBbay. That's about it for now.
    Seidio makes a 2200mAh extended battery that doesn't increase the size of the 755p. Seidio includes an extra battery cover in case the fit is too tight with the stock cover, but you can use either one. I have this battery and I couldn't do without it.

2200mAh OEM SIZED EXTENDED BATTERY FOR TREO 755
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'm much more pleased with mine than expected...Palm got the keyboard perfect this time. After frustration with quality on previous Treos, this is a bonus. The increase in responsiveness over the 700p is tangible, make no mistake. This is what I bought the 755 for and it was a good trade. There must be something to those "subtle" improvements.

Not seeing too much difference in battery life, but then my old batteries were probably half worn out from repeated charges.

It will be a benefit not to have the SD card go flying 20 feet when I inevitably drop the phone, as I did the 700p twice onto pavement (once from an SUV door, another time from a stepladder). It was hard to find the SD card both times. The Treo kept working, though -- great phone!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Just ordered the battery - I'll give it a shot!
    The Seidio battery is a MUST have!! Love it!!
    I'm surprised that the VZW 755p thread is so short given the issues with the 700p. Are most people sticking with their 700p? I'm considering a swap but realistically will just wait for the next great Palm device, or will switch to the iPhone.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    My new 755 is by FAR the most stable Treo I have ever owned (180 -> 270 -> 600 -> 650 -> 700p -> 755p)! A nice upgrade from the 700 actually.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    I checked out my friends new 755p from VZW.. I currently own a 700P VZW. I will be keeping my 700p. It's been very stable since the most recent MR, all my apps work well. I have 3 different emails accounts with my Agendus client and I'm very happy with it, Slingplayer is awesome on it... No lags, solid battery, and still in excellent condition. I just can't see a reason to jump on the 755p right now. Just my opinion.

Plus I like the bright keyboard on the 700p compared to the 755p.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast