Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just switched to Sprint for a test drive, is there anyway to block out going caller id?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    x 2 (I have the same question).

I know you can have Sprint block your caller ID for all outgoing calls (if you call Sprint they can set your phone on their server to not give out your number to others when you call them) but I'm wondering if there is a way to set your phone on a call by call basis.

In other words, I would like people I call to get my number but would like the option of punching in a code and preventing this for certain calls.

Anyone know of such a code?
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    *67 followed by number. Works for landline and cell phones.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    ^^^
    what he said
  5.    #5  
    Bummer. GSM TREOS had a few more options
    I don't know if CDMA has any more options, that's just the one that I know of that easily blocks one call at a time...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Takephone Allows Call ID Blocking Automatically and is programmable to allow ID to be sent when needed.

http://www.centrallaw.com
    For Tech Legal or Cybercrime Help visit http://centrallaw.com
  9.    #9  
    cool. good to know. I took the 755p anyway. Sprint CS is horrid.
    Sprint customer service has been great for me - 7 years with no complaints. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by centrallaw View Post
    Takephone Allows Call ID Blocking Automatically and is programmable to allow ID to be sent when needed.

http://www.centrallaw.com

anything like that for the treo 750?
    centrallaw or anyone, do you mind explaining how to do this on TAKEphONE? Thanks...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    On Sprint -

Go into the phone app - Dial Preferences.
    Check the Dialing from North America checkbox.
    On the blank line before "to 7 digit numbers" add *67 or *67 & your area code, and then check the box.

The only caveat is that this will only block caller ID on 7-digit numbers.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Anybody else have a problem (or solution) for typing the " * " into the line as described by HandyDJs.com?

i can get the 67; but it won't allow the asterisk
    ~fredp

T3 > Treo650-VZW Custom ROM Transcend 8GB SDHC >> 755p-Sprint/SERO Transcend 4GB SDHC
    Same here "asterisk" don't work just the #.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Well, perhaps I spoke too soon - I can't enter the # or the * on the 7-digit prefix line. I now have the original Treo 700p Sprint 1.10 firmware as my 700 was recently replaced. I am wondering if different firmware might allow those characters to be entered. Hmmm.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    This is kind of a pain, but it will work: If you make a call through the Sprint voicemail system your ID will not show on the callers phone. It comes up unknown ID.

So what you do is call into your voice mail, in the main menu select 8, you are then prompted to key in the number followed by #and your set. The pain is that you need to dial the number manually(remember those days)? You cannot dial from your contacts list.
    You could also try CallCard from shsh. Instead of a calling card you will do the *67
    *67 doesn't work on 1-800 #s and cable phone. Does the Sprint or takephone block work for these?
    I know someone already answered this and its true. If you call Sprint, they can set it up so that all of your calls are private. And the *67 works at least on the Treo 755P to block your number on individual calls.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast