1.    #1  
    I'm looking at buying my first treo. I'm a verizon customer that's not willing to change providers. Obviously the 755p just came out, so I'm just wondering what you treo experts suggest. Would you go with 700wx or 755p and why?

Thanks for any help!
    I dislike the 700wx quite a bit. It seems like a phone that cannot handle the OS that is on it very well.
    I have the 700w. I got it a year and a half ago when my 650 died. It has been plagued with problems since the beginning. I will be getting the 755p in the next few days.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    Well let me provide some balance here. To the 700w user - yes, that device was plagued by issues due its very low amount of RAM (32Mb) on that unit. (the WX has twice that amount of total RAM - 64Mb, and the WX has what ends up being almost 3X the amount of user available RAM - about 50Mb vs the W with about 15mb). My 700wx is about as solid as a rock, I'll say.

Bottom line though to the original poster - it all depends on how you'll use the device and what you're used to, if anything, with various devices and PC platforms, etc. If you're a died in the wool Microsoft/Outlook/all things Bill Gates type person, then go with the WX. If you hate MSFT and are a Linux/BDS granola tech ******, then you might want to roll with the Palm OS.

I've used (and use) them both, and here's how I sum it up:

The Palm OS appeals to the garage tinkerer - the person who wants to add little apps and hacks here and there, and really customize their ride.

WinMo appeals more to the person who expects MSFT to have provided everything for them, already in the device, and who doesn't plan to add a TON of stuff - yes, there are a million apps that you can add, both on Palm OS as well as WinMo, but I find it rare that most mainstream folks will add stuff to their 700wx. Most people don't even change the theme.

Plus - asking people in this forum what they like, for you to base your decision on would be like stopping people in the street to see what car they like, and then going and buying that car. Look at your needs and then decide.
    I really don't think WM5 includes "everything you need" by a longshot, which is the problem.
    Guess that all depends on the user. Most people in THIS forum are techies and like to add stuff, and mess around with their device, put on apps, etc/mess with new themes and even do crazy stuff with reg edit and so forth. That is NOT what the majority of users out there will do (look at Blackberry, for instance - their historical user base never changes one thing with the device).

Yes of course WM5 needs more stuff, and WM6 helps out with that, but <most> users just take the technology - whatever it is - as it is, out of the box, and don't change anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post

Yes of course WM5 needs more stuff, and WM6 helps out with that, but <most> users just take the technology - whatever it is - as it is, out of the box, and don't change anything.

I know this to be very true. I know at least 5 people that have treos and each of them would have left it was basic as it came out of the box .. if it wasn't for me adding some games and such they wouldn't have done anything to it.