Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I just bought an iPhone yesterday thinking that it might replace my T650.
    All it took was less than a day to realize that the iPod cannot do a simple "search" to find key words across different applications (calendar, contacts, memos, etc).
    Yes the iPhone is pretty and fast and has many bells and whistles. Yet it cannot do a simple search!
    How could Apple miss that? I am about to return the iPod tomorrow!
    Who cares??
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Who cares??
    Well k

I care....oh yeah.....

I can sleep tonight knowing that the iPhone didn't claim a Palm victim.....OH YEAH

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    All it took was less than a day to realize that the iPod cannot do a simple "search" to find key words across different applications (calendar, contacts, memos, etc).

My Treo 650 can do that?
    -- Josh
    In case you are being serious, yes.

Option-left-shift (the button with the magnifying glass).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I didn't realize the iPhone couldn't search across apps, although I've only played with them a few times. I'm sure later versions will add this, and many other features if Apple wants to compete with smartphones. iPhone 2.0 should be compelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    Yes the iPhone is pretty and fast and has many bells and whistles. Yet it cannot do a simple search!
    How could Apple miss that? I am about to return the iPod tomorrow!
    I fully agree, just did the same thing. Although it is a wonderful piece of technology in my case there were too many thing the iPhone couldn't do. Phone profiles for example...or store office docs for later use.....a serious to-do app.
    I'm still waiting for the next release of the hardware. The current iPhone has a few glaring problems IMHO....no user replaceable battery, no memory expansion card slot, not open to install 3rd party software, etc.

If the 2.0 version addresses these issues I will be hard pressed to stick with my old Treo. Blazer is almost totally useless and I've seen how well the iPhone does with web pages, especially when a Wi-Fi connection is available.

Palm has not done enough with their new phones (specifically the new Centro) to justify upgrading from the 650....even when it becomes available to the other carriers.
    That "Search" or find feature on my T650 is a HUGE asset that I use daily. My next Treo will be a Verizon 755p, provided the find feature is included in that new model.
    The Web Browser OperaMini 4 responds to web pages like the iPhone. It works really well on my Treo 700P