Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    THe download link above is still live so welcome to join in.
    Bobby Kolev
    BEIKS LLC
    www.beiks.com
    mobile.beiks.com
    "A Pocket Full Of Knowledge"
    Quote Originally Posted by kolev View Post
    Hmm, so it appears this is our own error :-)

Are you trying to run the program directly from the site link or are you did you download it to your local computer first?
    I strongly suggest doing the second.

Otherwise Explorer (or whatever browser you use) usually downloads the application to the temporary downloads folder which is usually so deep in the folder structure that many applications - possibly including ours - often fail to handle the complete folder name.
    I did download it onto my computer, and ran it from there. I will try downloading it again, if you think that would work.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    It probably won't if you have already saved it locally before running.

Give me some time trying to find what this error means.

So far I had only found it's a general error when something totally unusually fails (e.g. simply file copying or something that's not ever supposed to fail).
    Bobby Kolev
    BEIKS LLC
    www.beiks.com
    mobile.beiks.com
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Is there anyone with Centro among the testers?

I'd be curious to hear from a Centro user.
    Bobby Kolev
    BEIKS LLC
    www.beiks.com
    mobile.beiks.com
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Anyone with Centro please?
    Bobby Kolev
    BEIKS LLC
    www.beiks.com
    mobile.beiks.com
    I installed the dictionary around 10 days ago and have a few comments. When I installed the program (windows vista, 700p), at the end of the installation process, there was an error message (something like file missing). I ran the install program again and got the same message. The second time, I ignored the warning and hotsynced my treo with no problem. Since then, the program has worked well.

Overall, I am quite impressed. I had thought that having a talking dictionary would be a bit of a gimmick, but I really like hearing the word. I am fluent in Spanish, but could definitely use some help in pronunciation and this dictionary is great for that. I love how clearly the words are pronounced.
    My biggest complaint is that in this current version, you can only hear the word pronounced if you are already in the Spanish dictionary. I would like to be able to look up a word in the English dictionary and then click on one of the translations to hear it pronounced.
    Two other features that I would like to see in the perfect dictionary:
    -I would like to be able to enter a number in its numeric form and have it translated: eg. Entering “116” and having it return “ciento dieciséis.” I am guessing that this would not be too complicated, just make for a bigger dictionary.
    -Secondly, I would like to have a verb congregator.
    Good luck with this product. I look forward to seeing its final version.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback.

The final version is actually out for some time now.

You can get it at www.beiks.com/palm/ .

The error message after the installation is still there (we're working on finding what is causing it, because sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't), but apparently it is not affecting the otherwise successful installation.

still it's an inconvenience we have to resolve and we will.

We'll be implementing more convenient pronunciation features in future application releases, if any...Palm is not holding very strong right now and without some help from them I am not sure how viable it will be to keep supporting the application actively. That's a honest feedback based on market data I have here.

We are historically loyal to Palm, but we can't ignore the fact that Windows Mobile sales are picking up while Palm OS sales are going down...it's only natural when the platform itself does not evolve any more.

Our Windows Mobile version does have the more convenient pronunciation, by the way.

Finally...the conjugator is a separate application, but we have it and it was only recently updated. You may want to check it out , perhaps even directly from http://mobile.beiks.com to your Treo.
    Bobby Kolev
    BEIKS LLC
    www.beiks.com
    mobile.beiks.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12