1.    #1  
    I got a 755p as a replacement for my 700p. I did not get the software CD that comes with it (or anything else). Anyone knows if there are differences on the Palm Desktop between the two?
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    If you have Vista you'll need to download the latest Palm Desktop beta anyway. Otherwise, for XP, I think it's the exact same version. You should be good to go but I'd do a fresh install of my PIM data & apps (don't just do a straight Hotsync from the 700p) just to be safe.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    I got a 755p as a replacement for my 700p. I did not get the software CD that comes with it (or anything else). Anyone knows if there are differences on the Palm Desktop between the two?
    Not much. Maybe some expanded contacts categories, which might be useful if you're a walking white pages telephone directory.

Do a final sync on the 700p. Make sure the 755p is "virgin"; i.e. no prior syncs. If you tried a sync and didn't work, do a hard reset. This will set your device with no ID. Build a custom hot sync job (on the hotsync dropdown list) by choosing "desktop overrides handheld"for contacts, datebook, memos and to do list. Everything else choose "do nothing". Then press the hotsync button on the cable. You'll get a choice: create a new account or use existing account. CHOOSE "USE EXISTING "ACCOUNT --the same named handheld account ID as the old handheld. Sync it. (A straight hotsync will just give you a choice to create a new account for the new device but won't give you the choice to download from the old database.) Afterward, everything you had on the old handheld will now appear on the new one. For later syncs, the custom sync will reset to defaults: i.e. the "syncronize files" choice. The second and subsequent syncs should be normal. PM me and I'll walk you through it.
    Last edited by 842867; 12/17/2007 at 08:39 PM.
    I unfortunetly did not did a clean upgrade, instead I just did a hotsync to my new 755p from my old 700p. It copied everything onto the 755p, even recently visited websites. I didn't get a chance to play with the 755p too much before I hotsynced it, what are the dangers of not doing a fresh hotsync? as well as I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the apps were newer versions
  5.    #5  
    That is exactly what I did and why I posted the question. I must say that besides the famous reset loop I had once, no problems so far. I did have to do a hard reset to fix the loop it went into.