1.    #1  
    All,

GoTreo is happy to announce a FREE application to read RSS feeds while you're on the go!

GoTreo News Reader Information Page
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Does it support basic and digest auth via http for protected rss feeds?

My kingdom for a palm based rss reader that supports digest auth....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post

I will get you am answer by tomorrow afternoon.

Jeff
    2 things...
    missing an option to store to card, and it reset my 755 when exiting the prog.
    How is this different from TopStory from Iambic? They look pretty much the same. I'm just curious if they are using the same code base, like if there is a RSS reader that is available for software vendors to modify and distribute as adware.
    Well......

I installed this on my Sprint 700p. Deleted it about 30 minutes later.

My 700p would freeze at times when this app was up and runnng.

I noticed the adware.

It's huge at almost 900 k

Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    It doesn't store articles/ads on the card?! Doesn't sound particularly appealing if that's the case.
  8.    #8  

At the current time the reader does not support this feature. It is scheduled for implementation in about 6 months.

Jeff
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsquarewi View Post
    How is this different from TopStory from Iambic? They look pretty much the same. I'm just curious if they are using the same code base, like if there is a RSS reader that is available for software vendors to modify and distribute as adware.
    It is actually the same software that is private labeled for GoTreo. Yes there is an add banner at the top of the program, but when GoTreo was asked to deploy the application we were excited to be able to deliver a very high quality FREE application to our user base. GoTreo does get a very small revenue stream from this application that is enough for a lunch once in a while. The most important thing to us was the ability to offer software that provided value with very little intrustion.

I hope you find the application useful and we will do everything we can to continue delivering useful applications for yout Palm devices.

Jeff
  10.    #10  
    It doesn't store articles/ads on the card?! Doesn't sound particularly appealing if that's the case.
    Everything that is stored is very small. Applications like Express/On Demad store much more information on in the main memory. Having said that, we are working with our vendor to provide card storage as an option.

Jeff

UPDATE: SD Card storage will be available in the Q2'08 timeframe. I have expressed my optinions as I feel this is a valuable feature.
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/18/2007 at 03:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    It is actually the same software that is private labeled for GoTreo. ....
    I hope you find the application useful and we will do everything we can to continue delivering useful applications for yout Palm devices.

Thanks for the answer, Jeff. Now, if you start advertising LauncherX 2.0 on the banner I would think that this one would be MUCH MORE popular than the Iambic one <cough>hint hint....
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Interesting... This is also the same news reader as SplashData's SplashNews.

Unfortunately, installing this while SplashNews is installed causes both to not be able to sync. SplashNews now fails even after I removed this version. I'll try re-installing SplashNews.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Interesting... This is also the same news reader as SplashData's SplashNews.

Unfortunately, installing this while SplashNews is installed causes both to not be able to sync. SplashNews now fails even after I removed this version. I'll try re-installing SplashNews.
    There are several private label versions of this application available. The older versions used a standalone Soma Launcher but the version for GoTreo has this software removed at GoTreo's request.

My hopes are that you find value in this software. If you are going to use a version of the RSS reader, it would be terrific if you would support GoTreo Software! The more people that use the GoTreo branded version, the more leverage I will have in getting everyone's needs implemented.

As always, I appreciate my user base and strive to bring the very best software to market.

Jeff

P.S. bsquarewi - I know you and many others want an upgraded LauncherX. I will try very hard to bring an upgraded version to market in 2008!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    There are several private label versions of this application available. The older versions used a standalone Soma Launcher but the version for GoTreo has this software removed at GoTreo's request.
    I just tried installing GoTreo's Newsreader, and it too installs the standalone Soma Launcher (389KB). Should it not have?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    What is the Soma Launcher??