1.    #1  
    All,

GoTreo is happy to announce a FREE application to read RSS feeds while you're on the go!

GoTreo News Reader Information Page
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Can it download manage and play podcasts?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Is this re-badged Iambic TopStory? The screens look almost exactly alike. I downloaded TopStory some months ago, and promptly deleted it, when I found out that it is ad-supported. Not that there is anything wrong with it, for those who choose to use it, I just don't care for ad-supported apps. I'd rather pay for a license and have it ad-free.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    thank you for your efforts, i think it is a great app.
    Quote Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
    Is this re-badged Iambic TopStory?
    I was going to comment on the same thing... does this have anything to do with Smaato News?

- mvk

Edit: it does... See: http://www.smaato.com/network.php

At least Jeff is up front on it and that makes a difference. Ben
    Part of the EULA is allowing for ads to be sent to you. Does anyone know if that means that this is part of the RSS Feeds, or text messages?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Can it download manage and play podcasts?
    Not at this time although this is on the roadmap!

Jeff
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    I was going to comment on the same thing... does this have anything to do with Smaato News?

- mvk

Edit: it does... See: http://www.smaato.com/network.php

Yes this is a private labeled version of the Smaato application for GoTreo. We agreed to partner with Smaato becuase their product offering is well written and provides a nice value with very little overhead in terms of the ads it presents.

Jeff
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by donkyfly View Post
    Part of the EULA is allowing for ads to be sent to you. Does anyone know if that means that this is part of the RSS Feeds, or text messages?
    The ads are part of the news feed over the networking connection. NO sms messaging is going on!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    The ads are part of the news feed over the networking connection. NO sms messaging is going on!

Jeff

Thanks! Seems like an excellent app.
    When I tried to download, I got an error message.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Unable to download it.

Is there another link?

Thanks

Frank