1.    #1  
    I love my Palm to death, but there are times I wish I could have only ONE program on my device, instead of two, just for the mere fact one cant do what the other does. For instance media programs.

I'm sure both companies work very hard on their program, but I sometimes think they need to look at each other and see things one has the other doesn't. For instance.

I was playing music at work off of my phone last night and a guy goes... Dude, can you play the whole Album of this band? I was like I can, but I cant look up the album in pTunes.

Now some would say create folders so you can just click the folder of the band and open it. While nice, I really dont like that idea, for the fact that I have to spend so much time doing that, and then if I want a playlist of mixed tracks, I have to go back and click load playlist.

So having a album,genre,artist,song search function would be AWESOME.

So I then remember Kinoma having something like this, so I looked and you can select song,album,artist,filename,date.

After realizing that today I was like... Ok, I can use Kinoma then when I am playing music at work because I wont be on the device, so I dont care about exiting the program.

This is ok for things like that, but when the device is IN my hand there are times I would like to EXIT the app, still play music, but maybe send a text. With pTunes, you can do that.

Anyway, I looked for my music and Kinoma didnt grab it. I thought about it for a bit and went.... Great, I bet ogg isn't supported. And sure enough, it isnt, and all of my files are in that format, so that makes me go BACK to pTunes because it plays them.

I could solve that problem by converting back all the files, but i've done that multiple times, and the best solution would be for Kinoma to implement the use of ogg. I read where they stated people use AAC and WMA more than ogg, but I know tons of people using ogg now, as do I. And for people like me, that means back to pTunes.

I also tried searching for songs in pTunes by pressing the appropriate letter on the keypad hoping it would jump to that letter, but that isn't the case.

Since I cant play my music in Kinoma, I dont know if you can hit a letter and then it jump. I know you can search though from what I read on the new 4.4 version.

For me anyway, if Kinoma added the ability to play ogg, and also add the option I suggested about being able to EXIT the program while using it, that would be two huge features for me.

Again, exiting the program isn't huge if you let it play music and let the phone go, as in leave it connected while you are doing something and use it as JUST the music player.

BUT, if you have it on you with headphones and are on a bus or car, and you want to send a txt to your girl while you are listening to a song, you cant do that, and can only do that with pTunes.

Small things like what I mentioned I am sure can be added or fixed, and personally i'd use Kinoma more than pTunes if it had those options to leave app and play ogg, but i'm forced to use the EXPENSIVE pTUnes, and have to sacrifice searching for music to get the other two options.

Things like this aren't as near as bad as the web browser problem. If you could use Blazer, Xiino, and Opera (when it works) and combine them all in a blender and come out with ONE browser, it might actually be pretty bad ***.

Anyhow, just some thoughts from a users point of view. I'd love to delete pTunes, but that wont happen unless Kinoma can get exit app or ogg on there.

I hope they really look into these two options.
    just to let you know, ptunes does give you the option to list the albums. If you go to the choose songs and go all the up, you will get options for All Content, Artist, Album, Genre, Playlists, Internet Radio. If you select All Content, it will list all of the songs and you should be able to type a letter to get to that part of the alphabet. The only glitch I've seen to date is under the genre subcategory, it will stop at the last entry on the screen if the letter isn't already on the screen.

It would be nice to have one program to do everything but I can't image how large that program would become. That could be an issue.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    just to let you know, ptunes does give you the option to list the albums. If you go to the choose songs and go all the up, you will get options for All Content, Artist, Album, Genre, Playlists, Internet Radio. If you select All Content, it will list all of the songs and you should be able to type a letter to get to that part of the alphabet. The only glitch I've seen to date is under the genre subcategory, it will stop at the last entry on the screen if the letter isn't already on the screen.

It would be nice to have one program to do everything but I can't image how large that program would become. That could be an issue.
    My fault on that search deal. I knew I saw a screen looking like that, but I couldn't remember what program it was, and it kind of looks like if you log into ORB.

What would be cool is if you could get to that from a skin, or a drop down menu.

It works with hitting the letter "o" on the keypad, so I guess that is just as easy as any other way.

Thanks for that info. I knew it must have had it, but finding it was my problem

Honestly, I cant see something taking up too much more space. For instance look at the size of BOTH applications, and then add skinning, exit app while playing, and ogg support and maybe a few other items and it cant be that much more in terms of memory. You would be getting rid of one program, so you'd be fine I think. The pTunes stuff is pretty massive, so if you could eliminate that you'd have so much more memory on the Treo. I mean Kinoma pretty much has everything but a few minor additions, so they wouldn't be adding much.