Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I don't like that it beeps when it shouldn't and I really don't like that I can't listen to PTunes or mOcean and not have the sound come out of the Treo's speaker (in addition to the headphones). Most of all, I can't stand that more than half the time when I use the headphones, when I remove the adapter from the Treo, the Treo doesn't recognize that I have removed it, rending the phone basically inoperable. Thus, at this point, my Treo can't serve as a multimedia device for me because I would only be using it in a situation where I'd be using headphones.

I looked at a Mogul (I love the idea of WiFi), but I'm not sure I'd like the slide out. I think I'd dislike that I can't use the Mogul one handed. I wish the BB8800 series on Sprint had WiFi!!!!
    sounds like you got a bad phone.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Return it for one that isn't broke.....
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I called Assurion and they are sending me a Mogul, so I guess that's the end of the Palm era for me. Everything from a Kyocera Palm Phone to the 755P, I've had 'em all. I do love the treo design, but since Assurion was willing to send me the Mogul, I figure I'll give it a try. If I don't like it, I can always come back to the Palm family and get a centro or another 755P....
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    I looked at a Mogul (I love the idea of WiFi), but I'm not sure I'd like the slide out. I think I'd dislike that I can't use the Mogul one handed. I wish the BB8800 series on Sprint had WiFi!!!!
    Lol you are going to hate the Mogul for a million different reasons. That device just does not work properly.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I just returned my XV6800 (mogul/titan, whatever) this morning... ordered a 755p today.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Lol you are going to hate the Mogul for a million different reasons. That device just does not work properly.
    I got my Verizon XV6800 on 11/29. I migrated from the 700w. I think that this phone is a nice step up from my 700w. With the scroll wheel, ok button, and smartbuttons, I can do a lot one handed. Sliding it open to type is no more difficult than when I had to use the RIM 850 or 857 to respond to corporate email. It's convenient to listen to music via BT headphones, then be able to switch to a call, and back without any intervention or even touching the phone once its all running.

I haven't found that the 'device just does not work properly'.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Wait until you need it to wake you up in the morning, and realize that if you suspend it (power button) while it's plugged in, the alarms won't go off...

Known issue with firmware 2.09, which has been fixed on Sprint for a while I guess, but Verizon released the phone with that rev.

It wasn't a bad device, but I really found myself fighting with it a lot - it really felt like I was being forced to work the way Microsoft wanted me to, rather than the way _I_ wanted to.
    I've had the 6800 since it came out and I've tried every broken ROM release they put out to "fix" it.

There are major problems with that phone that make it unreliable to use as a phone and as a pda. But I've already passed out this info on tons of posts on ppcgeeks so I don't really feel like doing it some more.
    2.16 fixed the phone alarm problem, and then introduced frequent crashing to the point that they pulled the ROM off the website within 24 hours.

2.17 is out now which has some new issues.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Ya know, I don't intend to bash, but nothing is perfect. My 755P not being able to make calls is far more irritating than an alarm clock not working. That said, I'm really apprehensive about the whole lack of a keyboard on the face of the unit thing... Guess I'll find out tomorrow............
    Not being able to make calls sounds like defective hardware or something though.

I have never had that issue on my 755p
    I think I averaged 2-5 soft resets per day on my 6800.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    this whole thread seems a little weird to me.

i have to ask the golden question that nobody else has: why, msgott, would you think that a phone that does not make phone calls is working as it should - rather than think that you have a defective phone?

same question for the: cannot listen to music then switch to a phone call then switch back automatically to music thing come from?

the first two responses were the best, and i'm stunned that instead of getting one that works, it was decided that the system was bad.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    EVERY treo I've had (and there have been lots) have eventually had the headphone jack issue. It's just a really, really bad design. I know that eventually the jack is going to fail - not sure when it's going to do it, but I know it will. It's a ticking time bomb.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I've had a treo 300, 600 (2), 650(2), and a 755..(and three kids with 5 other treao) and I have never had a headphone jack failure.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    I've had a treo 300, 600 (2), 650(2), and a 755..(and three kids with 5 other treao) and I have never had a headphone jack failure.

The headphone jack problem is very well documented. I would just count yourself as fortunate for not having to deal with it. It has been a problem since the 600 and every iteration since.

That said I think most here are right . . . you got a bunk 755p. You should swap it for a fully functional one before you decide if you would like to switch.
    I have had the jack problem on several 650's, 700p's, and 755p's. I have gone through 8 phones over 2 years. The headphone jack has a switch inside which determines the impedence of whatever you plug into it, so it can determine whether you need stereo output, or a handsfree mic with mono speaker, etc... the switch gets stuck sometimes. I don't see this as a problem, because whenever this happens, I stop by the sprint store, and walk out with a new phone. They can't fix this problem at the store. I like having a new, scratch free phone.

I recently bought a Mogul (new for $200. craigslist) to compare it to my 755p.
    The Mogul sucks out loud!!! Calendar entries, contacts search, setting alarms, making phone calls...all take more strokes and clicks than the 755p. Slingbox is choppy and the resolution is worse. The phone is slippery. The battery life sucks. The wifi was nice, but BARELY faster than EVDO. Windows mobile is text based, and the fonts are very small, need to use stylus alot.

I just switched back to my treo. Will sell Mogul for $300 on ebay.
    Yeah the Mogul is a joke. I had so many issues using it failing to do basic stuff that I rely on (alarms, phone calls, received phone calls actually playing a sound, random resets, random crashing). 5+ forced resets per day was pretty typical.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast