Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What color are they offering? I had heard green but it looks like blue to me in the picture. I have had my burgundy 755P since May and it is rock solid.
    I ordered mine and couldn't tell on the color. I really don't care as long as it isn't pink or yellow.

ET
  3.    #4  
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo755p/

Check that out - apparently VZW is green! Neat-o!
  4.    #5  
    FYI; I ordered my 755p this morning at around 9am and I just got an e-mail notification from Verizon stating that it had ALREADY shipped via FedEx and it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow by 3pm. Pretty freaking cool. I can't wait to run over my 700p with my truck!
    Enjoy your new Treos! I have been more than happy with mine.
    c5vettes,

Good for you. I ordered mine at 8 AM this morning and hadn't got any emails on shipment yet.

ET
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    c5vettes,

Good for you. I ordered mine at 8 AM this morning and hadn't got any emails on shipment yet.

ET
    Thanks! Check your order status online and see what it says... If you ordered it this morning (especially at the time you did), I don't see why they wouldn't ship it same as mine... Hope you get yours!
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    Enjoy your new Treos! I have been more than happy with mine.
    Thanks! Do you have a 755p on Verizon? If so, how do you like it? Did you upgrade from a 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    Thanks! Check your order status online and see what it says... If you ordered it this morning (especially at the time you did), I don't see why they wouldn't ship it same as mine... Hope you get yours!
    Never mind.

It left Memphis at 1:34 PM today.

ET
    While it may fall into either the "better late than never" or the "too little, too late" categories... I wonder about the timing of the announcement as to two things: Christmas sales (though it will not be in store's 'til next year), and the financial announcements due tomorrow. They hinted that they will not be making as much moolah as intended due to a problem getting something (the 755p?) out the door, now they can say "But now it's out!". But I could buy 3 Centros for that price, or one Centro, and pay off my Early Termination Fee, and pocket some bucks.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    So, one more time: what's the difference between this and a 700p? I just got a 700p a couple of months ago. I replaced the antenna with the smaller one, so that's no reason for me to go to a 755. From everything I've read, they're the same inside, except the switch to micro-sd, which would suck for me since I have a ton of SD cards.

Am I missing anything? Is it faster? Better reception? More stable?

David
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    any chance this has vista software?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    755p improvements over the 700p:

-755p has some minor NVFS optimizations compared to the 700p so it's snappier/speedier than even a patched 1.10 ROM 700p. From my experience it's overall more stable and "smoother" in day to day operation.

-755p has a marginally better camera

-755p's ring/mute switch up top is easier to slide with a finger or a fingernail

-755p has louder/crisper earpiece & speakerphone volumes and overall better voice sound quality

-Nice rubberized exterior coating on the 755p along with improved build quality. Of cours there's the slightly smaller but still appreciated smaller size and improved formfactor.

-The miniSD card slot is now side-mounted and protected by a little door so no more lost SD cards

-Google Maps is in ROM (but an outdated version). The 755p also has the IM app and a slightly newer version of DTG (8.03 vs. 8.02 I believe) in ROM as wel as a newer version of PTunes. For Verizon units, the 755p has VersaMail in ROM instead of having to install it and consume precious RAM space on the 700p

-In my observations, the 755p's I've seen have crisper/whiter LCDs but slightly splotchy keyboard backlighting.

-Palm MAY release a fix to enable GoogleMaps location services on the 755p. I HIGHLY doubt we'll ever see another update for the 700p as everyone is eager to put it out to pasture ASAP.

755p shortcomings compared to 700p:

-Like all of the other antenna-less Treos, the space bar and d-pad are no longer illuminated on the 755p (a certain cost-saving measure from Palm).

-The 755p appears to have a very minutely smaller keyboard (but they made the font on the keys larger as a compromise). The reduced thickness on the 755p makes it slightly harder to type on if you have big hands & thumbs like I do. (I also read somewhere a few months ago that the 755p's LCD was something like .1' smaller than the 700p's--can anyone confirm this?)

-The 755p's 2-way rocker hard app buttons aren't as good for gaming as the 700p's were.

-755p has a flimsy plastic/metal stylus (fortunately aftermarket models are available)

-755p has no reset button. Battery must be removed to reset the unit (another $-saving measure)

-The 700p's fullsize SDHC has been replaced by miniSDHC. So you've gone from a potential maximum card size of 16gb down to 4gb (native miniSDHC) or 6gb (microSDHC w/ miniSD adapter) along with format aggravations and inability to pop in an SD card from your digital camera and view the pictures and email them to someone without a PC unless you carry an adapter around with you.

-755p's battery is 200mAh less than the 700p's. Aftermarket Seidio batteries in OEM size max out at 2200mAh for 755p but go up to 2600mAh for the 700p.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, the release came too late for me. My company is switching to blackberry (verizon 8830) next month. I'll certainly miss all of my friends here at TC. My only hope is that they won't ask for my 700P back and I can sell it on ebay to recoup the hundreds (maybe a thousand) of dollars I spent on accessories and software.
    Last edited by wbwjr; 12/17/2007 at 08:17 PM.
    I have my 755P on Sprint. This is my first Treo smartphone. Prior to it I had a TX and found I really did like the Palm platform. This Treo does what I want it to, and has been quite intuitive to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    I have my 755P on Sprint. This is my first Treo smartphone. Prior to it I had a TX and found I really did like the Palm platform. This Treo does what I want it to, and has been quite intuitive to use.
    I couldn't agree more. I love my 755p from Sprint and and couldn't be happier. I've been using Palm OS devices for 10 years and I will never switch to anything else unless I am forced to.
    Agreed MoKoni! I don't want to switch to anything else either. I am hoping that Palm will be on the next generation of smartphone when my contact is up in May 09.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    755p improvements over the 700p:

-755p has some minor NVFS optimizations compared to the 700p so it's snappier/speedier than even a patched 1.10 ROM 700p. From my experience it's overall more stable and "smoother" in day to day operation.

-Palm MAY release a fix to enable GoogleMaps location services on the 755p. I HIGHLY doubt we'll ever see another update for the 700p as everyone is eager to put it out to pasture ASAP.

755p shortcomings compared to 700p:
    ago that the 755p's LCD was something like .1' smaller than the 700p's--can anyone confirm this?)

-755p has no reset button. Battery must be removed to reset the unit (another $-saving measure)

-The 700p's fullsize SDHC has been replaced by miniSDHC. So you've gone from a potential maximum card size of 16gb down to 4gb (native miniSDHC) or 6gb (microSDHC w/ miniSD adapter) along with format aggravations and inability to pop in an SD card from your digital camera and view the pictures and email them to someone without a PC unless you carry an adapter around with you.
    Thanks for the great summary! The items above are the only ones that interest me, and they definitely make me lean toward keeping my 700p. The SD change is close to a deal-breaker alone.

Question about the Google Maps 2.0 issue. Does Palm have anything to do with this, or is it just up to Google?
  19.    #20  
    Welp, according to FedEx, my phone's Out for Delivery which is just amazing considering I bought it yesterday. I still won't believe it until I have it. It's my first new phone in like 938 years, or since May 2006 when the 700p came out. If it fixes 1/4 of the problems that the 700p has, I'll keep it. Actually, if it fixes a SINGLE problem, I'll keep it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast