Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I just got mine. It's freakin awesome, although I've had it for a whopping 5 minutes. COuple things to keep in mind: the HotSync connector is different for the 755p and the 700p batteries WILL NOT fit the 755p. Sucks because I have 5 700p batteries. I'll try to post more later once I get a chance to use it.
  2.    #22  
    I use BackupBuddy VFS for my backups. I restored a copy of 700p software onto the 755p and everything *seems* to work. I haven't hotsyc'd yet as that's always scary the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    I use BackupBuddy VFS for my backups. I restored a copy of 700p software onto the 755p and everything *seems* to work. I haven't hotsyc'd yet as that's always scary the first time.
    Restoring the software via backupbuddy might be okay, but install the new Palm CD over your existing one before you hotsync.

Also, the sync cord from the 700 will work on the 755.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Restoring the software via backupbuddy might be okay, but install the new Palm CD over your existing one before you hotsync.

Also, the sync cord from the 700 will work on the 755.
    The software on the CD is for XP and I've got Vista so I already have the right software installed... But thanks... And will you look at that! The old cable DOES work... Awesome...
  5.    #25  
    Alright, well so far here is what I think of the Verizon Treo 755p;

It's kinda slow compared to the 700p. This could be due to the extreme unbearable slowness that having a 4GB SDHC Kingston card in there but who knows. Writing to that drive takes 3-4 minutes. Not cool. I haven't had any problems sending/receiving text messages. One thing that seems to be fixed is the 15-20 second delay after I got a phone call and it ended. That's gone. Very cool. Other than those things, I can't think of anything else worth mentioning right now. EVERYTHING else, and I MEAN EVERYTHING seems to be identical to the 700p. It really sucks that the batteries for the 700p won't work in it but I just ordered a 3600mAh from the TC store specifically for the 755p. If anything else comes up, I'll post it in this thread. FYI: I paid $350 and still have a $50 MIR so I'll pay $300 total. I'm not sure if it's worth it or not yet. Time will tell.
  6.    #26  
    Update: It appears that the delay after ending a recieved or made call is still present although it only appears to be about 5-7 seconds long with the 755p. Ugh.
  7.    #27  
    Does anyone know of a fast mini sd card that works well in the 755p? The 4GB SDHC Kingston that I have isn't working out.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Update: It appears that the delay after ending a recieved or made call is still present although it only appears to be about 5-7 seconds long with the 755p. Ugh.
    Did you try turning off the option to automatically get the time from the Network? That seemed to speed up calls on my 700p.
    My 4GB Kingston mini didn't work too well, either. I've been using a 2GB SanDisk Micro and it's been working like a charm.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by MoKoni View Post
    My 4GB Kingston mini didn't work too well, either. I've been using a 2GB SanDisk Micro and it's been working like a charm.
    That's awesome because that's the card that I just ordered!
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Did you try turning off the option to automatically get the time from the Network? That seemed to speed up calls on my 700p.
    I will try that, thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12