Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    I have a week-old Sprint Centro in black that I am offering for TRADE with a 755p.

The thumb board is to cramped for my sausages.

Please go easy on the impending flaming.
    ...not a bad deal - trade you a $249AR phone (755) for a $99-or-free AR phone (Centro)? (I wouldn't go for that unless there was some $$$ tossed in on your part.)
    Last edited by Joad; 12/18/2007 at 12:52 PM.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    @ Dr.Grace;

I have "tried" a Centro in the sense of played with it in the store but I have not spent time carrying one around as my daily device. For ME PERSONALLY, the keyboard, tiny screen, and compromised battery life are the real deal-breakers here. I mean, I could like with one or maybe two of the above shortcomings but not all three.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    @ Dr.Grace;

I have "tried" a Centro in the sense of played with it in the store but I have not spent time carrying one around as my daily device. For ME PERSONALLY, the keyboard, tiny screen, and compromised battery life are the real deal-breakers here. I mean, I could like with one or maybe two of the above shortcomings but not all three.
    I've carried my Centro for nearly two months now.

Keyboard - no problems at all. The tactile feel makes it just as easy to use as my 755p or 700Wx.

Screen - the clarity is just as good if not better than my 755p, 700Wx, and my Mogul. Not saying the larger screen size isn't better for some things, but it hasn't been a problem for me.

Battery life - it has been better than all three of my other current devices, 755p, 700Wx, and Mogul.

Plus, the darn things fits in the pocket much better.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I loved the small form factor and the light weight of the Centro, but for me the trade offs (small screen and keyboard) outweighed those related benefits.

I have therefore negotiated a trade for the 755p.

Otherwise, the two phones operate identically, making this an entirely subjective decision based on your sense of aesthetics and functionality with the size of your thumbs factored in somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yeah you did, the screen size is bigger but the resolution is the same. And the 755 is plagued pretty much with the same problems as the 700p.
    I don't know if anyone else has said this, but I think you're very mistaken about the 755p being plagued with the same problems as the 700p.

What I've read about the 700p seemed like a nightmare. My 755p has certainly not been that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I think the battery is bigger on the 755 (1800mah)?
    You're right that the 755p battery has a greater capacity than that of the Centro. I feel that, as a power user, I would find the limited Centro battery to be too limiting.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Despite my issue with the Centro, I must admit that I love the fact that the Centro comes with pTunes Deluxe.

Unlike my beloved 755p.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    [QUOTE=west3man;1390039]I don't know if anyone else has said this, but I think you're very mistaken about the 755p being plagued with the same problems as the 700p.

What I've read about the 700p seemed like a nightmare. My 755p has certainly not been that.
    QUOTE]

I have to say that my 700p was pretty rock solid, so perhaps I'm not the best judge of this. I will say that my 755p has also not had any issues; also, it seems that many people have posted that the 755p was "what the 700p should have been" - so it seems that there aren't the same issues that others experienced with the 700p.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post

You're right that the 755p battery has a greater capacity than that of the Centro. I feel that, as a power user, I would find the limited Centro battery to be too limiting.
    Battery on the 755 is only 1600mAh (the other person you had quoted in your last post was supposed to show up in the quote above so I was pointing this at his question thinking the 755 had an 1800mAh battery)
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Really? I thought it was basically the same, but slightly smaller. Specs are very similar, and a lot of people say it works the same. How is it really that much better?
    I have compared 700p with 755p side by side, the only "huge improvement" on 755p is the missing antenna. As for the Centro, kind of clumsy when it comes to texting, maybe I am just used to 755p's keyboard. For $150 more, 755p is well worth the money.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    In terms of making a phone call I like the Centro because it is obviously smaller. I wasn't used to the keyboard on the Centro but I'm sure after time we all would have gotten used to it no matter your hand sizes - we all probably said the same thing with the 700p/755p.

The real difference for me is that the Centro is too easy to drop. At least with the housing of the 755p, you have some grip to the phone.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    the centro is not for powerusers - the rubbery keyboard drove me mad, I had to press keys with my fingernails, when I eventually upgraded to the 755p, I only missed googlemaps "my location" feature, which inexplicably does not work with the 755p.

I would say the centro is an introductory phone for those who have not used smartphones before, and if you are already using a smartphone and / or consider yourself a poweruser, you should definitely get the 755p, which is about 4-5 times faster text input, a larger screen, (is your vision worth not having to carry the 2-ounce heavier 755p?) and better battery life.

having to constantly plug in the centro got so old that I eventually bought 3 extra batteries to compensate for the pitiful battery life. It's like; "Sure, the battery life is fine, unless you actually want to USE the features it has throughout the day". What kinda sense does that make?

I was kinda glad the pre has that rubbery keyboard which is a total dealbreaker for me, I will NEVER accept that again, so it just stopped any thought of upgrading dead in their tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by amazed View Post
    the centro is not for powerusers - the rubbery keyboard drove me mad, I had to press keys with my fingernails, when I eventually upgraded to the 755p, I only missed googlemaps "my location" feature, which inexplicably does not work with the 755p.

I would say the centro is an introductory phone for those who have not used smartphones before, and if you are already using a smartphone and / or consider yourself a poweruser, you should definitely get the 755p, which is about 4-5 times faster text input, a larger screen, (is your vision worth not having to carry the 2-ounce heavier 755p?) and better battery life.

having to constantly plug in the centro got so old that I eventually bought 3 extra batteries to compensate for the pitiful battery life. It's like; "Sure, the battery life is fine, unless you actually want to USE the features it has throughout the day". What kinda sense does that make?

I was kinda glad the pre has that rubbery keyboard which is a total dealbreaker for me, I will NEVER accept that again, so it just stopped any thought of upgrading dead in their tracks.
    From a few quick tries in the Sprint store, I agree the keyboard is for children. Sorry to hear the Pre will be like that for I was somewhat interested in it. Am now using (because I have to for work) a Blackberry 8900 and other than the GUI of the calendar and contacts, I rather like it even on EDGE. The Palm PIM rules and yet they are moving away from it via the Pre. What a shame!

BlazorBory
    sounds good and thanks for the heads up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12