1.    #1  
    Ok so I was trying to do the new 680 update ATT 2.11 and it got stuck in between and just turned off? Now when I try and do a soft reset (battery taken out) it will not load on the very initial load screen with the Palm logo. Nothing works....so now I turn to you all. Hopefully you can help me out. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsktbllnmusic4 View Post
    Ok so I was trying to do the new 680 update ATT 2.11 and it got stuck in between and just turned off? Now when I try and do a soft reset (battery taken out) it will not load on the very initial load screen with the Palm logo. Nothing works....so now I turn to you all. Hopefully you can help me out. Thanks.
    Tried a hard-reset?
    Hold the red power button and put the battery back in, keep holding the button until the second time (I think) the Palm logo appears, then release and choose erase all data. If that doesn't work, it's probably a paperweight.
  3.    #3  
    Ahhhh, there is no progress bar though. Do you really think it's just dead now?
    Ahhhh, there is no progress bar though. Do you really think it's just dead now?
    difficult to say, but it seems quite likely if it was interrupted mid-flash.
    Found this :
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...ase=obj(15574)

Make note of the following instruction :
    If you performed this reset correctly, the screen will go blank after several minutes, and you will not be able to turn on your device. The charging LED will not light up. (any other activity - such as the Palm OS logo and then the Applications launcher appearing - means the reset was performed incorrectly; try again)
    Worth a try as a last ditch effort...
    Mind telling us what happened to cause this? Flash fail? Disrupt the update by knocking off the USB cable, etc?
  7.    #7  
    I'm not entirely sure, but I will not that the sync cable was not holding in the best, so it is very possible that the connection wasn't the greatest to start off with. I called palm and they are sending me a new one. So I guess the problem was solved. Most of my stuff was backed up so I won't lose too much. Thanks for the help though.