Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I've been a Palm guy for a long time, and on Verizon (Airtouch!) for almost as long. I have a Treo 650, and have been waiting for an upgrade for a while now. Tried my first WM devices - i760 (HATED it, took it back within four days) and XV6800 which I have now, I've had it for about three weeks. I'm... ok with WM, but really leaning towards returning the 6800 and getting a 755p instead... I miss my palmOS.

I've had a hard time finding a list of the differences between the 650 and the 755p - anyone have something handy? I don't know what the differences are, and I'm curious before I return this 6800.
    this was posted in a 700p to 755 comparison thread:
    http://www.treonauts.com/palm-centro...comparison.php
    yep.
    Mostly form factor, bluetooth and memory. Oh, and for Sprint, you have the EVDO which means that calls in an active data connection don't go straight to voice mail. Everyone has to decide on their own if those reason's justify the costs, etc. Especially because most will agree that the 650 was a more 'responsive' device. But I love my 755p.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    What do you mean by the 650 was more responsive? I made the mistake of falling for the cool factor of the LG Voyager but I miss my Treo, it's just so beat up. I'm thinking about trading in for the 755p since Verizon has them now
    I returned my xv6800 yesterday after about four days of testing. I too missed my PalmOS and returned service back to my 650. Yeah, its beat up..held together with crazy glue...and could use a paint job...but I'm SOOOOO happy to have it back to normal. I'll look at the 755 when it's available in stores, but in no rush. That 650 has been my office assistant for a while now...kinda like a comfortable pair of shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    I've been a Palm guy for a long time, and on Verizon (Airtouch!) for almost as long. I have a Treo 650, and have been waiting for an upgrade for a while now. Tried my first WM devices - i760 (HATED it, took it back within four days) and XV6800 which I have now, I've had it for about three weeks. I'm... ok with WM, but really leaning towards returning the 6800 and getting a 755p instead... I miss my palmOS.

I've had a hard time finding a list of the differences between the 650 and the 755p - anyone have something handy? I don't know what the differences are, and I'm curious before I return this 6800.
    You may find this thread useful: 755p through the eyes of 650 owners
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    You may find this thread useful: 755p through the eyes of 650 owners
    ah, good thread, thanks. My 755 is at the Fedex sort facility, should be here within the next four hours.

Quote Originally Posted by crashmcwhly View Post
    That 650 has been my office assistant for a while now...kinda like a comfortable pair of shoes.
    Yeah, that's it exactly - I think the PalmOS is the Volvo of mobile OSes. "Boxy, but safe."