1.    #1  
    Update customized ROM via SD card, after process: 'download firmware...' 100%, to 'update rom..., need about 15 second', SD card failed, on screen appear: 'device customize failed...' and not responding! Soft reset, screen dark, not responding at all: hard reset, soft reset, zero reset....
    Use Boot loader (Soft reset + press hotsync button) to up load ROM by Romtool.exe but not responding!!!
    Help me, please!!!
    Last edited by trandinh; 12/17/2007 at 09:45 AM.
    I'm assuming the phone used to work. When you say "upload to ROM", do you mean you restored the ROM that worked previously? I would recommend that as a first step (restoring the one that worked).

Also, did you change the partition size? I bricked my motherboard doing that once.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I'm assuming the phone used to work. When you say "upload to ROM", do you mean you restored the ROM that worked previously? I would recommend that as a first step (restoring the one that worked).

Also, did you change the partition size? I bricked my motherboard doing that once.
    Thanks for reply!
    Yes, i'm restored the ROM that worked previously, but the process was stoped in 15 seconds update ROM because the SD card was failed to read. Now, i'm sure ROM is empty, so the phone is dead! I can not re-upload ROM! Help me: have any way to upload ROM to restore my phone?
    Last edited by trandinh; 12/16/2007 at 08:48 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Have any Rom tool to up load ROM to my phone without boot loader state!!! Help me, please!!!!
    Can you get into bootloader mode?

Take out your battery and plug in the hotsync cable with the power cord in. Hold down the hotsync button and the bootloader should come up.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by okyourabeast View Post
    Can you get into bootloader mode?

Take out your battery and plug in the hotsync cable with the power cord in. Hold down the hotsync button and the bootloader should come up.
    Thanks!
    yes, i can't get my phone into bootloader mode to rescue my phone from failed update ROM. I'm just do it: hold hotsync button on cable while reset, but nothing!!! Help me, please!!
    Last edited by trandinh; 12/18/2007 at 01:02 AM.
    Were you changing the partition size?

When your charger is plugged in, does the charge light (LED) come on?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Were you changing the partition size?

When your charger is plugged in, does the charge light (LED) come on?
    I don't know how to change partition size, I only update customized ROM by SD card, the process is automatic.

The charge light isn't come on! The phone is not respond at all

Thanks!
    It sounds like you cannot get into the bootloader. It sounds to me like there was amemory error when the new ROM was being applied. There is not a known way to restore the board low layer information. It would require jtag programming. There is however a somewhat simple solution. You can replace the Motherboard. PerformancePDA sells Sprint boards that can be changed to run GSM ROM. I have helped a dozen different people with this. I have a board as well that I will load whatever ROM you want on it and ship it to you for $65 plus shipping. Tonylmiller had to do this once I believe as well.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Yep, I've done it myself; it was no problem. If the charge light doesn't work, you probably have no choice but to replace the motherboard. Another option is just to get another Treo 650. They are selling pretty cheaply nowadays. An amazing device for such a low price.

11.    #11  
    @jamesgangut
    Thank you very much for help! That's good price! But i'm from Vietnam, so far, it's make a expensive price for shipping! I'm sorry!! See you!
    @Tonylmiller
    Thanks!