Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/293...neforumzi0.jpg

Hello guys,

Why wait until June 2007 to get your iPhone? Just download iPhone 0.1 (file attached) and start to impress your friends and colleagues today!

Of course it is just for fun and the application is not fully functional yet (simply launches the apps selected). The way I see it is that I have until June 2007 to finish the application!

Of course it is FREE so enjoy!

Mo.
    SimToGo
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'll put that in my Zodiac and baffle my coworkers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    I love the idea

One piece of advise: you might want to change that name in order not to get in trouble with BOTH Apple and Cisco
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    This is awesome. I just downloaded it on my treo, however, some buttons don't work, and, the signal/battery indicator looks inconsistent with the rest of the interface. Good work so far though!
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    ... One piece of advise: you might want to change that name in order not to get in trouble with BOTH Apple and Cisco
    Why would he get in trouble with Apple?

A better name would be iPhony!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    LOL, awesome name.

So are you going to get in trouble with Apple or Cisco?
    Just tried it. None of the button work except calendar and phone. I am using 700p btw.

Also, that's an awefully blurry jpeg you have as the front end.
    "Whaddya want for nothin'?"
    --The Blues Brothers

He has months to go before the real thing hits the streets anyway. Plenty of time for updates (and maybe 320x480?).
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    I love this idea. Make the graphics more hires and I will love it more!
  10.    #10  
    Thanks guys for the comments! I will try to improve it and make it 320x480 too!

Thanks for the name suggestion. from now on the app will be called

iPhony 0.1

I am not willing to go to jail for you guys...sorry .....(ha ha ha)

Enjoy!

Mo.
    How about letting the user decide what button selects which app?

Not all of us want "Pics" to go to clunky Pics and Videos, or for "Mail" to open up Worse-I-Fail
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    momob -

Great job > here are some suggestions:

1) Enhanced resolution to 320x480 would be great!
    2) Ability to map all the iPhony icons to the respective Palm Apps (like LudusP). Perhaps you can use the LudusP presets???
    3) Ability to use 5 way when moving b/w apps, in addition to touchscreen
    4) Ability to have the iPony be the screen that pops up when when red button is pressed, but while keyguard prompt is still showing.
    5) A drop down menu option to set preferences, About, etc...
    6) Functional battery meter
    7) Functional clock
    8) Flashing email or txt button when an incoming email or text arrives
    9) Same for voicemail button

This is fun! I will have a iPhony b4 my kids

Thx again momob!
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    sweet
  14.    #14  
    Hello guys,

Thanks so much! Here version 0.2. Now it is called "iPhony". Ouf...I feel better!

1- Version 0.2 now allows now to set each button to a app in our device. For instance the icon "Mail" can be linked to "SnapperMail" , "ChatterMail" or whatever. To access the "buttons setting" window, simply click on the top of the screen (as if you were trying to open a menu) and a list of the icons will appears. Each icon will have a pulldown menu listing all the app on your device. Simply choose one by icon. By default all the icon are set to "Launcher". You can also access this setting window by clicking on the "menu" button on your device.

2- Version 0.2 also allows you to navigate around the icons using the 5-ways pad (blue ring).

3- I changed the icons a little bit. For instance I removed the "Weather" icon and replaced by "Notes" or Memo.

I am still working on the graphic quality and the 320x480.

Enjoy!

Mo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Why is everyone interested in 320x480 graphics?

Which Treo has such a display?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  16.    #16  
    Hello aprasad!

I think because the iPhone is a 320x480 screen (vertical) and so iPhony will look closer to the iPhone if it was 320x480. I am working on it!

No Treo has 320x480 BUT many Treo users have other devices (lucky!!) such as TX, T5,LifeDrive or the Zodiac.

Take care,

Mo.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    momob -

version 0.2 is a great improvment from 0.1 - thanx!

One note, in the pulldown menu I can't find MESSAGING as an application for my 700p. Other than that I can pull down all the apps.

thx again.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    There are a couple of others I can not find in the app list on 680:
    Web, calc, WorldClock, ...

It duplicates applications which are installed both in main memory and ROM (e.g. Ptunes)

Also (just a minor annoyance), you can not use 5-way nav to scroll unless you first selected an item (either by tapping on it, either using the keyboard to select the first letter)

But this is a really funny application !!
    It might even replace a launcher for some people !
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Anyone know if a Zlauncher iPhone theme has been made yet? Would that be a quicker solution...
    I would think that someone would be trying to make one for Zlauncher, but I like free better .

Problem:
    For the IPhony, The phone app always give me an error, but than it goes to the phone app.

Suggestion:
    Two Main suggestion for this app which I think is great!

1. Allow for more than the standard apps. Be able to add apps to the list of apps and have a scroll bar to scroll down to more apps.

2. Be able to customize our icons. I found a ton of cool Icons that I can customize from interfacelift.com and use for my palm, if I just had an easy to use app to do it (I have not bought Zlauncher).

If those features were added as well as making this app the deafault launcher, than I would even pay for this app. Not much, but more than free.

Jacob
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast