Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pda247 View Post
    Anyone know if a Zlauncher iPhone theme has been made yet? Would that be a quicker solution...
    I figured an iPhone ZLauncher skin/theme would be out relatively quickly. I'm sure we'll see one soon. If it's the "pretty" that people like about the iPhone, it seems this could give you the looks and the function. Funny. If Palm would simply refresh the icons/interface, it would be a dirt-cheap way to hugely increase the oooh-ahhhh factor. Palm OS is great, but it's really clunky-looking as-delivered.
    momob, thanks for iphony. I have downloaded it to my 650 and it looks great, but I am unable to see the signal strength, battery meter, clock at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treospike View Post
    momob, thanks for iphony. I have downloaded it to my 650 and it looks great, but I am unable to see the signal strength, battery meter, clock at the top.
    Same here on my 680.

Fk.
    Quote Originally Posted by momob View Post
    Hello aprasad!

I think because the iPhone is a 320x480 screen (vertical) and so iPhony will look closer to the iPhone if it was 320x480. I am working on it!

No Treo has 320x480 BUT many Treo users have other devices (lucky!!) such as TX, T5,LifeDrive or the Zodiac.
    Yeah, iPhone is 320x480, so only Tx, Lifedrive etc will look like it with iPhony.
    The 320x480 image will look squished on all Treo's.
    Just wanted to point that out.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    A hah! I read the whole thread about the 320x480 resolution, but didn't put two and two together. I thought it had been modified to fit 320x320.
    Thanks for clearing that up aprasad.
    What application are you guys assigning to buttons for (using on the Treo 650):

Messaging
    Calculator

I cannot find any obvious thing to pick from the list to have them launch the standard Treo applications for SMS and calculator!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  7.    #27  
    Hello guys,

WOW!! Thank you so much for your nice and kind comments about iPhony! I have to tell you that when I saw the iPhone I was floored by the look of the thing. Unfortunately I am not going to buy it because I still like my Treo 650 better! So my alternative was to make something that looks like it and that is why iPhony was born.

Now, it was not my intention to even remotely compete with other great launcher like Z-launcher and others. Actually I do not have the programming skill to even try!

So I appologize in advance and so please do not expect too much from iPhony but a fun way to impress your friends. I will do what i can to improve on it ( better resolution and fix issues) and definetly come out with a 320x480 version. I only have 320x320 devices (T650 and TC) but I think it should look very cool on TX for instance.

Time is not on my side, I am also working on another space simulator (ie: space docking to a lunar lander or space station) which I will release very as a beta. This will complement my other space simulator Lunar Lander Simulator

So sorry if I will disapoint some of you. I just wanting to make sure that people understand that iPhony will not become a full fledge "launcher" (at least not now!)

Thank you guys,

Mo.
    SimToGo
  8.    #28  
    Hello again.

Now some answers about the issues:

1- battery/network: I have removed them because I wanted to see if can customize them so they look consistent with the overall look. At this time i do not seem able to customize the two indicators. They have a white background that clash with the overall black background of iPhony. I am going to keep at it but in the meantime if anybody is interested here the version (0.21) with those two indicators. If you do not want them just stay with version 0.2 until I found a solution.

2- The app pulldwown menus: I can see also that the list seems to miss some apps. It look like a mess! I will look into it. I will also try to make the pulldown useable with the 5-ways if I can.

Thanks to all and have great week-end.

Mo.

ps: I will be taking off this week-end so please forgive me if I do not answer very quickly. Internet connection will be spotty.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Enjoy the time off, Mo.
    We prefer you to be relaxed when you continue working on this
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Thanks again Mo. and keep up the good work.

To answer your question aprasad,

Messaging = Nexter (no idea why)
    Calc = ScientificCalc (or possibly whichever rom calculator you are using at the time)
    If you want iPhony, I think that you should download it asap.

I would not be surprised if momob was asked to take it down by Apple for using the 'look and feel' of iPhone
    Thanks for the name suggestion. from now on the app will be called

iPhony 0.1
    Glad I was able to help! I'm glad you liked the name too!
    Now I'm going to have to try this thing out! :-)

-- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    ... So I appologize in advance and so please do not expect too much from iPhony but a fun way to impress your friends. ... Time is not on my side, I am also working on another space simulator ... So sorry if I will disapoint some of you. I just wanting to make sure that people understand that iPhony will not become a full fledge "launcher" (at least not now!)
    Not dissapointed in the least. I saw it sort of as a novelty program the way you introduced it. Gotta keep it fun!

-- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    LoL! This is a great app. To be honest, I was waiting for someone to make it

On a Palm T|C
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/3...02d9253b_m.jpg
    Palm m125 > Palm Zire 71 > Tapwave Zodiac 1 > Palm Zire 72 > Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000 + 4gb MicroDrive + Palm Tungsten T|3 (1100mah)
    Palm screen repair guide for Zire 72 and T|C.
    MobiltyBeat
    PalmInfocenter moderator
    Palm Help Forums moderator
    Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000 for sale!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treospike View Post
    Thanks again Mo. and keep up the good work.

To answer your question aprasad,

Messaging = Nexter (no idea why)
    Calc = ScientificCalc (or possibly whichever rom calculator you are using at the time)

Is there any way to show Palm original Clock with Clock button?
    Thanks for your help.
    Unlocked GSM:Treo650-1.20-ENA, FM 1.71 on CosmOTE
    Can we get the maps icon back & maybe dump the settings icon?
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by akiraTreo View Post
    Is there any way to show Palm original Clock with Clock button?
    Thanks for your help.
    Ooops, how silly of me! There are no Palm clock!
    So I decided to use one java World Clock-4 cities, which you can get from http://www.freej2me.co.uk/World%20Clock.prc

Simple, small, and 4 cities of my choice, best of all free java.
    Unlocked GSM:Treo650-1.20-ENA, FM 1.71 on CosmOTE
    Looks great

Can this app be started by pressing the HOME button? Didn't seen an option for setting that.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast