1.    #1  
    I've been trying to update my 680 for two days now, and it continues to do a soft reset. I know that the instructions say it will do this several times, but it has been doing it for an hour now, and there seems to be no progress. I have removed my SD card, and I have about 28MB free.

Ideas anyone??

Thanks,
    Brandon
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I assume the update went ok and you are doing a hotsync to restore. If so you might try below, if it is not try doing a hard reset. If the update has not started at all, you might try the SD update. I could not get it to work any other way. I have an aftermarket cradle and that might have been my problem. The after a hard reset the SD method worked fine.

I removed profile care, palm revolt and palm internals and finally backup man and the hotsync worked.

I did this by making a copy of my backup folder under program files/palm/680 (my hotsync name) and then deleting the .prc associated with these programs. I kept the copy in case it did not work and I wanted try other files. After the hotsync worked I re-installed backupman as I need that to work. The others I am not using right now so I left them off.

hope that helps

greg
  3.    #3  
    Nope, haven't even gotten thru the update yet. As soon as I click "Start Update," it brings up the main update screen, then my Treo resets. Then another screen displays saying "Device Connection Failed." Once my Treo is done resetting, I hit "Try Again" and it returns to the main update screen again. Within a few seconds, it resets again. Its been doing this same thing for an hour now. Is it even doing anything?? This seems A LOT more than "several times" according to Palm's instructions.

b.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    try the SD method. That is what mine did also and doing it via the sd card was the only way I could get it to work. Make sure you backup your treo and card before as you will need to clean the card off and I think it is best to hard reset the treo before.

greg
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I'll give the SD card method a shot since the regular one seems pointless. I'm also on live chat with AT&T tech support now so we'll see if they come up with anything also.

Thanks,
    b.
    I had the exact same problem. Hotsync install just kept giving me a "lost connection" error. I backed up everything, did a system reset, and then installed using the SD method. Worked like a champ.

After I restored all my program files, I noticed I couldn't get Xmail to recognize my laptop. I figured out that the ROM update installed a new version of Xmail, but when I re-installed my program files by hotsync, it must have re-installed the older version, too. Deleting the old version took care of the problem.