1.    #1  
    Are any of the power changes they made visible? I've poked around and I'm not seeing anything obvious.. Perhaps stuff under the covers.
    On an empty treo with 1.04 to 1.09, palminternals give a score of 2. Now with 2.11, its 43 secs with the full rom and 16 with the custom I made. Could the slow down be attributed to the effort to conserve power ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    On an empty treo with 1.04 to 1.09, palminternals give a score of 2. Now with 2.11, its 43 secs with the full rom and 16 with the custom I made. Could the slow down be attributed to the effort to conserve power ?
    That would be terrible. I would rather have faster performance and less battery life!
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I just noticed that battery.prc seems to record fewer samples with the latest update... Don't know what this could be related with, but definitively the battery trace is "slower".
  5.    #5  
    Maybe that means it's turning on less, staying in REM longer, thus better battery?

Doesn't help us with background apps like Chatter, Verichat, but..
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    according to Speedy, the speed is now 1471, which is faster than the standard benchmark 1442, and my previous rom 1429 (previous firmware)

So it is actually faster?
    well... a 2% changes seems almost negligible.
    Problably the power consumption when the treo is ON is and has always been the same...
    Most of the power optimization can take place when the treo is sleeping...