Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I've been using Seidio's rubberized case on my Centro for one day now. I think I have come to the end of my search for the perfect case.

Pros:
    • Perfect fit. Case snaps together easily & all cutouts are in their proper place. The SD card slot is covered as it should be.
    • Easy to remove. I was worried that difficult removal would be a deal breaker but the case comes apart easily enough if needed.
    • Not a lint magnet! All day in my pocket and it came out looking fine. The skin I was using looked dirty after a day.
    • Slides in and out of pocket easily. Thin rubber coating is just enough for a good grip but smooth enough that it doesn't get hung up when removing from pocket.

Cons:
      1. It doesn't come in blue.
      2. That's it!! I can't find any problem with it!

This case is another great product from Seidio. I give it 5 out of 5 stars!!

I've attached a few pictures below. My camera isn't the greatest, the pictures you see at Seidio's site show better detail. Great job Seidio!!

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...o_hc_front.jpg http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...io_hc_rear.jpg
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    A couple of questions. I assume that the case is fairly snug, you don't have your Centro wiggling around inside? The rubber of the case, is it like the 755p texture?

I think this and the Seidio screen protector and your set.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    A couple of questions. I assume that the case is fairly snug, you don't have your Centro wiggling around inside? The rubber of the case, is it like the 755p texture?
    Yes, completely snug, no "wiggle" room. I'm not familiar with the texture of the 755P, so I can't comment about it. I will say the texture is much better than the Seidio skin which I had been using. The skin was probably too "grippy." It was difficult pulling out of side pants pocket because it would stick to the sides. It also attracted lint, which ended up not being too much of a problem for me because I'd clean it each day with one of those "pet hair remover" rollers.

The rubberized hard case doesn't appear to attract any noticeable lint after one day of use.

I think this and the Seidio screen protector and your set.
    Yep, already have their screen protector. I'm set!
    Well this is good to hear, seeing as I just ordered this and the holster.
    Vinnie
    I am definaltly going to get one of these cases thanks for the review.

I do have one more ? I am new to the whole palm thing and I was just wondering how to get the background to go black like in your picture that looks good.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin29@comcast.net View Post
    I do have one more ? I am new to the whole palm thing and I was just wondering how to get the background to go black like in your picture that looks good.
    I use TreoLauncher as a launcher app (that's where the calendar comes from) and the starry background is a separate wallpaper that can be selected via TreoLauncher. I got the wallpaper from Laursifer's site under "screen savers."
    Seidio Hybrid case is basically same as the rubberized hard case in this review except the top cover is clear to allow to show your Centro color.

Seidio
    The rubber of the case, is it like the 755p texture?
    Not 100% the same, but a very similar feel. I just received my case today and like it. Just wanted to add a few things to the original post. I got mine as the holster case combo. I've put a few pics below to give an idea of how it looks in real life with the holster. I noticed a few things similar to user ame's review of the clear case. The bottom of the case doesn't quite cover the area around the connector, which is not a huge deal. I quit throwing my PDA against the wall when I upgraded from a visor deluxe to a visor prism Another similarity to the clear case, the lanyard hole isn't quite lined up. Again, not a deal breaker since I don't use a lanyard. The area around the camera and speaker seems sufficiently protected. (See pictures below)

Case went together fairly easy, haven't had any problems so far with the tabs, which was a concern for me. So we'll see what happens the first time I drop it, which with the rubberized grip, hopefully won't happen that often.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...8/IMG_3158.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...8/IMG_3160.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...8/IMG_3161.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...8/IMG_3173.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...IMG_3169-1.jpg
    Vinnie
    Really nice! I definitely want an outtie holster.
    Fantastic review, it definently convinced me into getting a Seidio case for my new Centro. The only question is that do you think the Seidio half rubber half plastic case Hybrid case (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=906) would be better than the all rubber case (the one you reviewed here)?
    Quote Originally Posted by dontbugme View Post
    Fantastic review, it definently convinced me into getting a Seidio case for my new Centro. The only question is that do you think the Seidio half rubber half plastic case Hybrid case (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=906) would be better than the all rubber case (the one you reviewed here)?
    Personally I stayed away from the clear plastic since I thought scratches would show up easier, and I like the rubberized texture since my hands tend to sweat and be oily more often. I read somewhere that the clear plastic had a similar feel to the phone itself.
    Vinnie
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Great review, thanks. But that holster thing on top looks like it sticks out quite a bit. Easy to catch on something. I like the rubberized case as it feels less slippery and protects the phone better.
    I had the same thought originally, but so far today it hasn't been an issue. keep in mind how small the phone is, so it hugs the hip pretty good.
    Vinnie
    I think its great, it looks like a good design, its almost impossible for the phone to release accidentally unless you're walking backwards! My father lost his Treo 700 on a holster, this looks really secure. Now if only it faced outward I'd grab it!
    Hi, gang - just wanted to chime in that I am also a satisfied user of the rubberized case. Fits together very well, doesn't add much bulk or weight. In fact, I think it fits together better than the Seidio hybrid case I had for my 700p (which I also thought was a good product).

If I had known about the hybrid when I ordered the rubberized, I might have taken that route, but I think it looks very sharp with my black Centro.

I'll probably order the holster. I ordered the case before the holster combo was available.

Hey, Seidio team - any chance of getting a discount when I order the separate holster so I'm not paying more than the combo? (My original order # was 130342.)

By the way, slightly off topic, but I also ordered the Centro pen/stylus combo and that works very well, too.
    I had Seidio's rubberized cases for my previous 700wx's, which left terrible scratches in the paint around the perimeter of the screen after a few months. Is anyone concerned about that on their Centros?
    Too soon to tell but please report back as to how the finish holds up. The rubber coating on my 680 case started to wear off rather quickly. I keep my phone in my front pocket, solo, but still had issues with that. I wear my centro on my hip now but would love to move if from my hip to my pocket.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by vandoc View Post
    I had Seidio's rubberized cases for my previous 700wx's, which left terrible scratches in the paint around the perimeter of the screen after a few months. Is anyone concerned about that on their Centros?
    I have no problems after a week, not sure what it will look like long term.

Since I'll probably always have a case on it, I'm not too concerned at this point.
    Wow. This is without doubt the best case I have ever had. Wish I saw this first before I purchased the other 3 cases I have. Absolutley perfect. 5 out of 5. I purchased the Hybrid 1st but returned it for this case. Absolutley Perfect!.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 01/02/2008 at 12:19 AM.
    I've been meaning to post an update to this thread. Been using for about 2 weeks now, tabs seem to be holding up well. And I have taken it off a few times to add stuff to my sd card. A minor complaint is that the bottom right corner (by the lanyard loop) does not always stay snapped, does not seem to have a rhyme or reason to coming undone. I list it as a minor complaint because the times I've had to take the case off the corner was already unsnapped so it facilitated removing the case. So far I am very pleased with the case, and the holster has worked very well also.
    Vinnie
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast