Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by chimmer View Post
    That's not the Palm AirCase, that's the Sprint case. Totally different animal. The AirCase does not have any holster attachment.

You can find pics of the Palm AirCase here.
    I realize that now, sorry, but I thought they were the same. I like the belt clip because I put a self-sticking holder for the area on the dash of the car that's plastic and the phone hangs perfectly in it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I realize that now, sorry, but I thought they were the same. I like the belt clip because I put a self-sticking holder for the area on the dash of the car that's plastic and the phone hangs perfectly in it.
    I use a postage stamp size piece of industrial strength velcro from home depot since the Air Case has no clip attachment. I put the small square of velcro centered directly below the camera/mirror/speaker I use the velcro in my car too, black velcro on the black dash and it stays perfectly. I actually prefer this b/c I don't wear it on my hip anymore, it can fit in my pocket and its lower profile without a belt clip post.
    Last edited by rinkeedink; 12/17/2007 at 10:06 PM.
    i just ordered my aircase!
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    how do i get it off the phone? i cant get it off
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    I've had my Palm Air Case for about a week now, it is by far the BEST cases I've ever had; IT IS A PERFECT FIT. I moved from a Treo 680 to a Treo 700p to the Centro (form factor). Back to the I chose it over the Seidio bcuz of the price and free software. I also ordered a Skin-It (black koi fish) and the case fit over it perfectly (what do you think?). I bought a screen protector from Invisible Shield (lifetime warranty and I had one on my 700p). I installed the to see the fit (before applying the skin-it) and will admit taking it off was hard only bcuz I was afraid of breaking it. I used the space where the lanyard goes to get it started once I did the rest was easy. I'm very happy with Centro and Palm Air Case. I think I may have bought my last phone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ill try it from the lanyard. thanks
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    Don't have a pic handy, but rest assured, it is a perfect fit with tight cutouts for the camera, mirror, and speaker, and a generous gap around the stylus for grabbing it. Otherwise, it is completely smooth without any mounting screw for a belt clip or holder for the microsd card. The case allows the centro to stand on a flat surface, and it fits into my generic charger cradle for my old 700p without removing it. Very happy.
    I was going to say I can't get my Air Case to stand on its side, and how did you do it? Not that I need to, just curious. Now I see you're NOT talking about the Air Case after all!

But for those of you who ARE interested in the Air Case, everything else he says is true about it, too. Perfect hole placement, easy access to all buttons and connections.

I just read another review that said it made the Centro look fat and you need to use a screwdriver to get it open. Absolutely NOT true! It's easy to pry open with your fingers on those (hopefully rare) occasions when you need to install a card or hard reset. And I think it looks sleek and gorgeous--subtly protective but lets the Centro's beauty shine through.
    Last edited by Theresamorrison; 01/03/2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: typo
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresamorrison View Post
    I was going to say I can't get my Air Case to stand on its side, and how did you do it? Not that I need to, just curious. Now I see you're NOT talking about the Air Case after all!

Actually, I AM talking about the Air case. It WILL stand up on the bottom, yah know, where the power/sync and headphone connectors are, NOT on its side.
    Actually, I AM talking about the Air case. It WILL stand up on the bottom, yah know, where the power/sync and headphone connectors are, NOT on its side.
    Nope, mine won't on the bottom, either. Falls over backward. What's the trick?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresamorrison View Post
    Nope, mine won't on the bottom, either. Falls over backward. What's the trick?
    Admittedly, it's a bit touchy to do this, but it will stand for me. Maybe yours varies a little in the smoothness of the bottom.
    I love my Palm Air Case! Both my mom and dad have the Sprint version--the one with the holster on the back. After seeing mine, they both wished that they hadn't bought the Sprint Case so quick. If I were to have any complaints about this Air Case, however, I'd have to say the toughness in trying to take it off. I've tried a couple times, and on both occasions, I'd just given up. Is it just me, or do a lot of dust and other particles creep up and accumulate underneath the crevices of the case?
    I dropped my Centro with the Palm Air Case on the tiled concrete bathroom floor from about 3 feet high. As soon as the phone hit the floor, the case splited in half and went flying. I was worried that the case is shattered. To my surprise, both the phone and the case are well intacted with no visible damage whatsoever. Not even a scratch. This goes to show how important the protection is and Air Case is doing its job quite nicely.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall View Post
    I dropped my Centro with the Palm Air Case on the tiled concrete bathroom floor from about 3 feet high. As soon as the phone hit the floor, the case splited in half and went flying. I was worried that the case is shattered. To my surprise, both the phone and the case are well intacted with no visible damage whatsoever. Not even a scratch. This goes to show how important the protection is and Air Case is doing its job quite nicely.
    The dreaded drop-and-split has happened to me twice in the last couple of days. There is a small nick on my phone and one on my case from dropping it about 3 feet onto my asphalt driveway while getting out of my car.

My dream-case would never split apart when dropped, just stick together and protect the phone. I dropped it a few times before figuring out how to EASILY open the case by cracking it apart at the lanyard opening and it never split apart during the drop. I wonder now if repeatedly opening it has weakened the tension of the plastic tabs that keep the case together. I have had the drop-and-split happen with other cases, and usually, not good protection results for the phone, meaning scratches. I am even considering a tiny amount of super glue on the tabs to keep it on. But, without an externally available reset hole, this could be a problem. My 700p case from Seidio avoided this issue with the reset hole incorporated into it.

ANY THOUGHTS?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I just got the air case from Palm per the link on page 1 and it's $15.99 at the moment. Though the shipping is 5.97 and I had to pay 1.30 for sales tax (Illinois), just thought I'd give the heads up.
    I bought mine for 19.99 from Palm store but the shipping was free.

mine has white stuff in it that won't come off the inside. does anyone else have this? and after taking it off a few times it creaks when I twist it
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
    My $0.02: I bought one of these and loved it initially for the reasons everyone else has already stated above. However, after about a week of using it, I have some scratches on the front face of my phone, under the case's horizontal bar between the keyboard and the screen, and around the speaker hole above the screen. The case allows dust to get under it (I removed it to clean off the phone and the case a bunch of times), and apparently that dust will scratch the phone. I have never seen this happen with leather cases going back to the Palm III (and many palms in between) or even my old aluminum Tungsten C case. Almost all cases let in some dust, but I think the plastic of this case is flexible enough to bend against the phone when there's any pressure (like when I put it in my front pants pocket) -- which would not be true of the other cases I've owned.

Marc
    i'm curious on anyone who has had the seidio super slim case at 1mm thick and the palm air case. I have the Hybrid case from seidio thats 1.2mm thick on my 700wx, which isn't bad but I think it can be better.

But holding my Centro and the 700wx in my hands, i'm a little paranoid about getting a case for the Centro because the size difference between the two phones is HUGE.
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...
    The dreaded drop-and-split has happened to me twice in the last couple of days. There is a small nick on my phone and one on my case from dropping it about 3 feet onto my asphalt driveway while getting out of my car.

My dream-case would never split apart when dropped, just stick together and protect the phone. I dropped it a few times before figuring out how to EASILY open the case by cracking it apart at the lanyard opening and it never split apart during the drop. I wonder now if repeatedly opening it has weakened the tension of the plastic tabs that keep the case together. I have had the drop-and-split happen with other cases, and usually, not good protection results for the phone, meaning scratches. I am even considering a tiny amount of super glue on the tabs to keep it on. But, without an externally available reset hole, this could be a problem. My 700p case from Seidio avoided this issue with the reset hole incorporated into it.

ANY THOUGHTS?
    My THOUGHTS are that "hard" cases don't provide good protection against falls. Funnier still is the "review" that mentions you should also get the "leather" (aka vinyl) pouch as the "perfect" complement to the hard case. Not even going to go into the silliness of putting a cellphone in a pouch (hello? can you tell who's calling b4 it's too l8), why not just a get form-fit leather case which combines the functionality of a hard case (protects against scrathes but not against falls), and a pouch (protects against falls but makes phone unusable), with none of the downsides.

Don't buy a hard case if you're worried about a hard fall !
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12