1.    #1  
    when using the built in Voice Memo recorder or the Video Recorder?

Quality seems rather poor. I am not asking for it to be absolutey perfect, but having nothing to compare to, it really is bad. The reason I ask is, I am thinking of buying a software called CallRec which I am hoping gives better quality.

So bottom line, is CallRec going to give better quality sound? (maybe because it is recording from internal transmissions?)

And can you use it to perform the same function as the standard Voice Memo recorder that comes with the 755p?

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    No answers - so I downloaded the trial version and played with it - man what a GREAT! program - definetly better quality recorder over the Voice Memo recorder that comes with the phone and not only does it record voice conversations very well - it's way better than the standard Voice Memo program for just simple recording.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I can definitely vouch for CallRec. It's worth every penny. It's also still a superior program to mVoice.
    Does anyone have a fix for the poor playback quality of MVoice (poping, scratching sound). I'm afraid that it will break my speakers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    I'm going to check out CallRec too; I was shocked at the crackly playback of the native voice recorder.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by cscott44 View Post
    Does anyone have a fix for the poor playback quality of MVoice (poping, scratching sound). I'm afraid that it will break my speakers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    At what quality are you recording at? My mVoice recordings at the higher settings do not pop or crackle at all. I also have the audio filter on and I do not compress the recordings. (I have not tried recording at the lowest level.)
    My voice memo indicate that I am recording at 44kb/sec22 KHz. no compression. My Phone call settings are 64kb/sec;16Khz. no compression.
    Both say better quality and I have use audiofilter checked.

Perry since you are using it will you suggest settings for the following:

1. Where should the slider be to record and hear both sides of a telephone call clearly?

2. When playing back the recording is it better to use the D, S, or P setting?
    3. Is there anything I'm missing that I should check or set to get better sound?