Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Just recently I've notice that my 700p won't vibrate when put in silent mode. everything else seems to be working okay. Could this be something that happened as a result of a fall? Anyone know of a software issue that could do this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    No software can fix that... to me it sounds the motor that is in charge of the Vibration mode got busted. You'll need to replace the phone unfortunately. I had the exact same problem with the 600 and there was no way around that.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Actually, you can replace just the vibrate motor. If you can find a spare parts retailer. It could also be a faulty switch. You should also check whether the connectors are making contact - sometimes the prongs just need to be bent back. It's not difficult if you're comfortable with electronics.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by foozwald View Post
    Just recently I've notice that my 700p won't vibrate when put in silent mode. everything else seems to be working okay. Could this be something that happened as a result of a fall? Anyone know of a software issue that could do this? Thanks.
    It is possible to stop "some" vibrate alerts. Most of this control is in the 'Prefs' application. RingCare for example gives you complete control over vibrate alerts for phone, text and voicemail alerts.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks, all.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I don't know what you ended up doing.
    But I had the same problem and just got done trying this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=40766

It worked for me.
    I was shocked.
    It is at least worth a try.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link. It will come in handy.
    Always looking for cheap mobile phone accessories.