Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I pulled my phone off the charger at work last night at 5pm and it is now 8:05 AM and I have a 56% charge. This is much better than this time last year.

IR is turned on
    Bluetooth is on
    Auto Sync is turned on to "get e-mail as they come"

How is your battery life now?
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    it is also much improved for me.
    morris stalk
  3.    #3  
    This time last year, I'd be lucky to have the phone last 8 hours! I am still in the habit of keeping it on the charger when it's on my desk.

Anyone else have comments?
    I plug mine in after lunch at work for a few hours when I usually have few meetings.. I usually have 30% or more left by the time I go to bed. Chatter and Verichat running. Pretty much the same as it was a year ago. Still fine for me.

If I can't top it off during the day, it'll start running out of juice around 8pm for me however.
  5. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Much better since i unintentionally cycled the battery a few months ago.
    Mine has always been good (roughly 3 full days with moderate phone and data use). In my experience, managing the glen phenomenon (TGP) has been the number 1 solution. When it strikes, the battery drains in less than a day. It is very easy to tell when it is happening, using battery.prc, because the drain rate goes from about 3mAh to about 30, and the back speaker hisses every time a keypad button is pressed. It can be stopped by a soft reset or by simply cycling the phone radio off/on. I find that TGP strikes once every couple of days in my case, even tho I am usually careful to hang up before the other caller. As I have said before, I wouldnt be surprised if TGP was the main problem for many other users out there. It is crap that Palm have never acknowledged this problem. Maybe it is too hard to fix. However, knowing how to manage it can save more battery life than any other approach I know of (short of not using the phone at all).
    Mine's doing wonderfully... since I replaced the battery with a 2400 mAh Seidio. Sure it weighs a little more and I had to get used to the hump. But I don't spend my day looking for chargers any more. Even with IM and Email running all day I can get through 8am to 2am without charging. It's such a nice change from what I experienced with the standard battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    Mine has always been good (roughly 3 full days with moderate phone and data use). In my experience, managing the glen phenomenon (TGP) has been the number 1 solution. When it strikes, the battery drains in less than a day. It is very easy to tell when it is happening, using battery.prc, because the drain rate goes from about 3mAh to about 30, and the back speaker hisses every time a keypad button is pressed. It can be stopped by a soft reset or by simply cycling the phone radio off/on. I find that TGP strikes once every couple of days in my case, even tho I am usually careful to hang up before the other caller. As I have said before, I wouldnt be surprised if TGP was the main problem for many other users out there. It is crap that Palm have never acknowledged this problem. Maybe it is too hard to fix. However, knowing how to manage it can save more battery life than any other approach I know of (short of not using the phone at all).
    Now I know you're a loon. The speaker always hisses a little for built-in sounds. I suspect it's not the hardware doing it, but rather the sound it's playing has the sound in it itself.
    battery life is not that bad for me, even with Chattermail running.

.... and the back speaker hisses every time a keypad button is pressed....
    i would add that some software produces a continuos hiss (e.g. Billiards 4.2)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Now I know you're a loon. The speaker always hisses a little for built-in sounds. I suspect it's not the hardware doing it, but rather the sound it's playing has the sound in it itself.
    You go on thinking that then. My message was intended for people who dont have their head up their arse and think that they know everything and choose to write smart replies from the safety of their computer. If you notice the speaker hissing (more than a little - you dont have to hold it tightly against your ear) when you press a button such as the home button, try cycling the phone radio off and on again, or perform a soft reset, and see the difference.
    Last edited by DIG; 12/16/2007 at 05:10 AM.
    You go on thinking that then. My message was intended for people who dont have their head up their arse and think that they know everything and choose to write smart replies from the safety of their computer. If you notice the speaker hissing (more than a little - you dont have to hold it tightly against your ear) when you press a button such as the home button, try cycling the phone radio off and on again, or perform a soft reset, and see the difference.
    Trust me, I don't hide behind computers to tell people they're loons.

And like I said, the speaker hisses like that all the time for certain sounds. I checked the other day right after I did a soft reset out of curiousity. My battery is always consistant, but I use online data apps 24/7 so my battery signature is completely different than yours.
    Its nice to see that, at least now, you are writing from the point of view of your personal experience rather than implying that anyone who has a different experience from yours must simply be crazy. My speaker very faintly hisses for some applications, such as Bejewelled, but it is much louder when TGP is happening, and can be fixed (to the point where it is barely audible) in the way I mentioned. Since I have no way of knowing how you define 'a little hiss', I would not presume to say you are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Mine's doing wonderfully... since I replaced the battery with a 2400 mAh Seidio. Sure it weighs a little more and I had to get used to the hump...
    Saw on Mytreo.net that there is a 3200 mAh Seidio battery advertised for the Treo 700p, Treo 700w, Treo 700wx for Verizon and for the Sprint Treo 700p, Treo 700wx. Would this battery work in the AT&T Treo 680 with that back cover that comes with the 2400 mAh? The batteries wouldn't be any different for the different carrier's 680s correct, since they're all made by Palm (i.e., the battery contacts in different locations)?

And would anyone know that if the 3200 mAh does work can it make the 680 overheat since it's a larger battery? Does the 2400 make it warmer? I thought I had heard someone say this a couple years ago about overheating with the larger batteries in the Treo 650 but not sure if that was true. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rkirkr View Post
    Saw on Mytreo.net that there is a 3200 mAh Seidio battery advertised for the Treo 700p, Treo 700w, Treo 700wx for Verizon and for the Sprint Treo 700p, Treo 700wx. Would this battery work in the AT&T Treo 680 with that back cover that comes with the 2400 mAh?
    I don't believe it will, no.

Quote Originally Posted by rkirkr View Post
    The batteries wouldn't be any different for the different carrier's 680s correct, since they're all made by Palm (i.e., the battery contacts in different locations)?
    Well, the cover is likely to be different due to difference in how deep the battery sits inside each model. Further, each device can have subtle differences in how it exchanges signals with the battery. You really want to be sure the battery is certified for use with your Treo model. Just because they look similar doesn't mean they will work. Battery compatibility is related to model, not carrier.

You might try searching on 680 and cradle for a peek into just how different batteries, charging, and signals can differ.
    It improved big time..Now, when I unplugged it, it is still on its 99% mark.
    SMS Machine PictureSMS SMS Commander BattLogger TraceCrash MemoManager vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    My Treo 680 is also suffering from TGP and I am suprised that not many people are affected by it. It is the number 1 problem on my Treo 680. As DIG mentioned, when it striked the battery will drain in less than a day. If not, my Treo 680 is able to last 3 days without a charge. I did not notice the hissing sound and I solved the problem by doing soft reset twice a day (scheduled using LookAtMe and mReset). Palm should really solve this problem.
    With the BATT update and all the helpful tips from everyones help.

Much better and totally stable!

But, the real deal for me now is ... I have my Treo Charging a all the time when I drive, B/C of TomTom Navigator. I remember when I didn't have a charge, one trip for 30kms would drain my batt down toooooo fast. So I have no idea how my batt life is.
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 01/14/2008 at 07:29 PM.
    I used to wonder what everyone was talking about when you said short battery life-mine used to go for days.

BUT in the last month,or so, something is killing me

I tried the remove battery, remove sim, leave plugged into the wall fix
    Left it that way over night

picked up the phone about 8:30 this morning and by 1:00 pm-it was charger bound. I's almost like I need to leave it plugged in all the time now

I'm using a custom ROM(FW-R01.34, SW T680-1.09-ATT,C Db-292)
    wonder if going to the 2.11 will help

BT and BR are both off and it doesn't matter which battery I have in the phone both are drained muy rapido

Anything else to try?
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
  19.    #19  
    Try re-installing the camera update.

On a side note, after the Unbranded GSM update, I'm getting better than 2 days out of my 680, with my high usage features turned on.
    Quote Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
    Try re-installing the camera update.

On a side note, after the Unbranded GSM update, I'm getting better than 2 days out of my 680, with my high usage features turned on.
    The camera update will not install on the custom rom
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast