1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of any way to do a performance test on a Treo? I think this would be a great item or feature. Most of us on here are pretty anal about our Treos and want them to function at their best.

Just curious.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I think there were several posted in the 700p forum when we were trying to track down the ptunes studdering problem. I just can't remember what they were.

Try this one http://www.freeware-palm.com/download-speedy-v6-4.html
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    There is Speedy as ink mentioned.

Also, there is PalmBench and PalmInternals.

VFSMark for checking card speed.

Also, MemInfo and Resco Explorer for RAM info (free memory)

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Do you mean a hardware test? There is a built-in test for things like the battery, buttons, keyboard, vibration, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by adz1966 View Post
    Do you mean a hardware test? There is a built-in test for things like the battery, buttons, keyboard, vibration, etc.
    I wondered about that too. But the OP did say "performance test" and the rest of the OP's inquirey implies performance testing utilities like I replied with above.

6.    #6  
    Thank you for the replies. I do mean performance testing in regard to software and general OS system performance. What I'm trying to determine is if my Treo is at optimum performance.

What started all this is that I thought about rebuilding my Treo, but came to the conclusion that I probably wouldn't gain much from the work(less lag, etc). That led me to wonder if my Treo was performing well.

I was not aware of the programs you mentioned and will check those out.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Dial ##HWTEST# (##498378#) on a Sprint phone for the hardware test. Slightly different for Verizon #*#HWTEST# maybe?
    There are bunches of applications that show relative speed to other devices and the actual speed of the device. However, a fast Treo is not one that always meets your needs. My Treo is definitely not fast, but it meets my needs. If I wanted it faster, I would end up deleting applications that I use every single day. So, I would suggest approaching it with a twin approach - comprise a bit on the speed and look at what you want the device to do.

Ben