1.    #1  
    I have a dent in my touch screen and I would like to replace it myself. The screen is working fine it is just a cosmetic blemish. Can I replace just the touch screen or do I need to replace the digitizer too?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Funny you should say that because I ordered a full LCD from eBay for my GF today. If you check our eBay you can order the full screen or just the touch screen digitizer....

I dismantled her Treo 650- it doesnt look easy to separate the two components though.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    do yourself a favor and send 30 dollars more and get the set.
    my digitizer got messed up and i spent 15 dollars to get one shipped to me. while taking the digitzer off my old screen, i ended up screwing up the \old screen..but then the digitizer didnt evn work.

it causes less headaches to spend 40 bucks to get everything.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dport View Post
    my digitizer got messed up and i spent 15 dollars to get one shipped to me. while taking the digitzer off my old screen, i ended up screwing up the \old screen..but then the digitizer didnt evn work.

From what I have read, doing both is the only way to go - thanks!
    I have a cracked screen on my treo 650,
    Maybe somebody reading this forum has a replacement screen For Sale
    I know Ebay is the normal route
    But I would be happier to not use Ebay
    I am currently in Spain and sending it by registered post will be necesary.
    Quote Originally Posted by dport View Post

Awww men... if only I knew this before... I did exactly that. The result is that I now have a cracked digitizer and a non-functioning touch screen... it is very hard to dismantle it. I can't calibrate my screen anymore: it keeps 'seeing' the input out of place. Even tried a HR.

Anybody get a clue about how I could correct this without replacing the entire set?
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM