Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    HoFo posters are saying the 755P will be available online December 17th, retail January 8th (or 7th).

Your wait may finally be over!

P.S. One poster even included SKUs for the phone and accessories.

Retail price- $569.99
    2 yr. contract- $449.99
    1 yr. contract- $519.99

SKU-TREO755p
    Standard Battery- $49.99 PALM755BAT
    Leather Fitted- $24.99 PALM755CAS
    Holster- $9.97 TREHOL-2
    Stylus-$9.99 PALM755STY
    Car Charger-$29.99 TRE650VPC
    Rapid Charger-$29.99 TRTTVL-1
    SYNC cable- $29.99 TRE650CBL
    Desktop Kit-$49.99 TRE650DTC
    Last edited by French; 12/13/2007 at 11:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    HoFo posters are saying the 755P will be available online December 17th, retail January 8th (or 7th).

Retail price- $569.99
    2 yr. contract- $449.99
    1 yr. contract- $519.99
    Wow, that seems expensive!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I bet they'll be running at least a $50 MIR right off the bat, maybe even a $100 MIR.

My guess would be the 755p will be $450-$50 MIR w/ 2 year contract and then they'll drop the remaining stocks of 700p down to $300 w/ contract (no rebate) in order to move 'em on out.

Now, that leave the question of how long the ancient 700wx is going to hang around? It's now 2 years old (if you could the 700w/wx as a single model)!
    Why are they priced so much higher than Sprint? Is that the case with all Verizon phones?
    I can't wait to get rid of my POS 700p. I gave my wife my 650 when I got my 700p but I don't hate anyone enough to give them a 700p. I'm going to feel guilty even selling it on eBay. I'm serious. I wonder if anyone at Palm feels as guilty as I do selling the 700p knowing how terrible it is and how many problems it has. Doubt it.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Any news on any programs? What about the IM program like the Centro and the new AT&T update? Colors?
    I think those prices are crazy...I've been waiting too long. I think that seals it for me...AT&T here I come, one iPhone please!
    I will NOT sign a 2 yr. contract. I was planning on just 1 year...because I'm sure Palm will have something NEW by then.
    KevinH.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III > PalmIIIc > PalmV > Visor > Treo 650 > Treo 700P
    the sprint prices start that high but work there way down as follows:

Regular price $579.99
    Instant savings -$230.00
    Web special -$100.00
    Online price $249.99

still high but much better:

PS i had to leave verizon in july because of no service at my house. now I have it and I am coming back. ATT is horrible. drop calls everyday. email comes when it wants to. ATT does not compare. ATT is letting me out of my contract, that is the best expierence I had with them. iphone does not even have the broadband speed!
    So if this was delayed due to problems the 755 had (has) it seems that the only reason Verizon would finally release it is if Palm fixed it. Does that mean the rest of us will be getting a fix from Palm too?
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  10. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    It's been a while since I've posted, as I left Verizon because they couldn't get this damn phone (or any other smartphone) out the door. I'm glad to see it may be coming for those who were able to wait patiently. My biggest question is whether it will actually be fixed, or if we will find that all that "quality testing" was for nothing. I already know Palm's testers are incompetent, but if Verizon thought this delay was so important, they better have a good product to show for it. A Treo with no bugs would be a great device, although I have my doubts about how much Garnet can really be fixed.
    Rumor is that VZW did wait until the battery issue was fixed or something. Or at least according to the boygenious.
    I abandoned my Treo 650 at Verizon after waiting too long for Verizon to get the 755p -- and am now using a Centro at Sprint and am very happy. If/when Verizon gets the Centro, I might consider returning.
    Doug,

If you're "very happy", why go through the hassle of switching carriers?

I've been with Verizon from the start and don't plan on changing. I have friends that every time you talk with them they are switch carriers. I like Verizon and like the customer service I got when my 650 was giving me problems. I am willing to wait a little longer for the 755. I'm guessing the price will drop when it hits the brick and mortar stores.

ET
    I'd certainly prefer not to go through the hassle of switching carriers, but the truth is that Verizon offers slightly better coverage in my area -- so, if I could get the device I wanted with Verizon, then I would. However, the Centro is (to me) a clearly superior device than the 650 I had, and I also prefer it over the 755p. So, Sprint was my only choice. I am very happy with the device and happy enough with the carrier.
    I recieved mine today.

Pricing for 2 yr was 449.99 less 100(NE2) less 100 (ADD) = 249.00 less $50 MIR for 199.99.

Ill have pics up on HoFo later today.
    palm has them in store in los angeles. Not allowed to sell them until Monday though. FINALLY!

http://picasaweb.google.com/elsizzle...50087728706674
    Last edited by treoneo; 12/14/2007 at 03:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmEnvy View Post
    I recieved mine today.

Pricing for 2 yr was 449.99 less 100(NE2) less 100 (ADD) = 249.00 less $50 MIR for 199.99.

Ill have pics up on HoFo later today.

Got the same price and it's on its way, thanks to you....nice first post!!
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Can someone please list the apps in ROM and what versions they are?

In particular, I'm curious to see what version of Ptunes, Google Maps, DTG, VersaMail and Blazer are included. I'd love for them to be the newest possible ones so we can save a few precious megs of RAM by not having to download updates right off the bad. If these are the same old Sprint 755p versions, then it makes the Centro look like even more of a great value in comparison!

Also, is the Vista version of Palm Desktop included in the box or are they still just including a little note direction people to download it from Palm?
    Anybody in Northern Virginia find one anywhere? Anybody work at a store in NOVA who has them in the back?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast