Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Here is one I haven't seen. When using either Avantgo or Web, there are times when I press the menu button, and my treo 700P resets. Most times, upon restart Chatter tells me there is a mailbox trying to be created. I just cancel out of this, and we are fine, until it happens again.

Any thoughts as to why the menu button would reset the phone?

Thanks, in advance.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    The mailbox thing with Chatter - did you recently delete a mail box? I had that happen a couple of months ago and noticed the information was still on the card. After deleting the card files, no more notifications.

With Blazer have you tried clearing the cache before exiting?

Ben
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Thanks for the response.

I did not recently delete a mailbox, and I have blazer set to clear the cache upon exit.

It also happened while using avantgo.

Really weird.
    Visit My Blog

I started a thread on this (menu button reset) several months ago. (no solutions offered)
    I will try search later when I get to my laptop and proviide the link.

Several of us are having this issue and it doesn't seem to be related to any app that we can determine.

I've done soft resets in the morning to preempt it but it still happens.

Perhaps the only solution is to hard reset and load all my apps one by one but I just don't want to go thru that so I'm living with it.
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 12/13/2007 at 06:48 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update. I had searched and couldn't find anything similar.

This is a new occurrance for me. It only started in the last few days (weeks), and I have had the phone since it came out on vzw.

Weird.

Thanks, again.
    Visit My Blog

Hard resetting & re-installing my apps did work for me when I had the menu button reset problem. This was back around June/July or so of this year and I've not had this problem since then.
    Sprint Treo 700p
    Transcend 150x 4GB SD card
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Thanks. Really would prefer not to do a complete reinstall of every application. And a backup would just bring back the problem, right?
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by NV43345 View Post
    Hard resetting & re-installing my apps did work for me when I had the menu button reset problem. This was back around June/July or so of this year and I've not had this problem since then.
    When you did this, were you able to determine which app, if any, had created you reset problem?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    At first, I tried hard reseting & restoring from a back up but the problem got restored as well. So next I tried hard resetting & reinstalling my apps BUT restoring my crucial files like my contacts & a few others DBs.

Turbo, I never found out what app was causing this reset problem to happen.
    Sprint Treo 700p
    Transcend 150x 4GB SD card
    Quote Originally Posted by NV43345 View Post
    At first, I tried hard reseting & restoring from a back up but the problem got restored as well. So next I tried hard resetting & reinstalling my apps BUT restoring my crucial files like my contacts & a few others DBs.

Turbo, I never found out what app was causing this reset problem to happen.

Tks for the info NV,
    Well that's not what I wanted to hear, but maybe I'll have to bite the dust and do it. Maybe over the holidays.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover