1.    #1  
    Hi, please I need your help or ur advice. I have a Treo 650 from Sprint here in the USA. I would like to use it with a Tmobile SIM card of a pre pad phone and I have to travel to argentina so I would like to use it there with another SIM card. What can I do?
    I tryed to make hard reset but the sprint software is still there. Do you know if Can I put some SIM tray in the memory slot in order to have a GSM phone.
    I don't have any other information about the phone. What Can I do?? please help

Ale
    Your phone is a CDMA phone, and it won't work on a GSM network. (No, you can't put a SIM tray in the SD slot--that slot is only for SD or MMC cards.) The Sprint software is in the Treo's ROM, and you would have to not only flash GSM software to it but also change the hardware in the Treo.

You would be better off either trading the Treo for a GSM version or using a regular GSM phone.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    You could get a cheap GSM phone to carry, and still take your Treo for the PDA functions.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise View Post
    Your phone is a CDMA phone, and it won't work on a GSM network. (No, you can't put a SIM tray in the SD slot--that slot is only for SD or MMC cards.) The Sprint software is in the Treo's ROM, and you would have to not only flash GSM software to it but also change the hardware in the Treo.

You would be better off either trading the Treo for a GSM version or using a regular GSM phone.
    SOOOO, what should I do with the treo 650 CDMA locked??? Should I stick it in my as######### ?????
    Buy an unlocked GSM 650. Sprint is CDMA.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    to be more specific, the radio in the sprint treo is cdma. There is no way to use a GSM SIM card in a CDMA phone.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Except that one Blackberry model on Sprint or Verizon. That was a great merge!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by dontbugme View Post
    SOOOO, what should I do with the treo 650 CDMA locked??? Should I stick it in my as######### ?????
    You can use it with Sprint
    That's entirely up to you. Should make for an interesting reaction if someone calls and you have it set to vibrate.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Depends on how much of a masochist you are. (Your suggestion does seem to indicate those tendencies). If you do a search, you will find that it is possible to change a daughter board, ROM and case and convert it to GSM, but an eBay GSM phone would be the way to go.
    Before you put it up there get one of my short antenna to make it less painfull.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    Before you put it up there get one of my short antenna to make it less painfull.
    Yup, the short antenna is the way to go, my hip-mounted Treo 650 doesn't bump into anything anymore. Same reception as the one that stuck out.

Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad