1.    #1  
    Ive had my VZW T650 for almost 3 years and wanted EVDO but reading TC didn't seem the time to upgrade had arrived. Lo and behold the insurance replacment was a brand new in the box (not refurb) T700. They did this intentinally becuase they said they no longer make new T650s. well I knew that.

Anywho, after searching the threads today most questions were answered but I still have these:
    (1) It came with VZW v1.10. I guess that means I am all set, no upgrades needed?

(2) The phone button and send button are separate. I think they were the same button on my T650. How does this work? i seem to be pushing the wrong button a lot.

(3) Any other fixes or quick lessons for an old 650 user going to 700? THanks
    There are some differences:
    The right (red) button is the "off/resume", I have found no use for the left "green" button
    The lower right "menu" button on the keyboard is useful, and the "home" button cycles through the program categories
    Other than that, the EVDO speeds are the big draw and makes the change quite worthwhile

Enjoy
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfP View Post
    There are some differences:
    The right (red) button is the "off/resume", I have found no use for the left "green" button
    The lower right "menu" button on the keyboard is useful, and the "home" button cycles through the program categories
    Other than that, the EVDO speeds are the big draw and makes the change quite worthwhile

Enjoy
    I understand the red being off. What does "resume" do?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Here's one big thing you have to check: the ROM software version has to be the following:

Treo700p_-1.10-VZW

It's important to notice the underscore _ . A version without the underscore is known to have data connectivity problems, so you may need to upgrade the phone downloading the update from Palm's support website. I'd recommend follow the SD update approach as this has proven to be the best.

The Resume part is turning ON the screen again. The left green button is to place a call after dialing the number and press green to send. If you press the green button once in the phone screen, it will bring up the last 10 calls you have made and it's a shortcut to the phone call database. If you leave the button pressed for a few seconds it dials the last number you called. Other than that the green button is very useless.

if you leave the Home button pressed for a short while, it will popo up a small "window" that shows the last 10 programs/apps you have used, and it is quite useful as a "quicklaunch" app.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann View Post
    Ive had my VZW T650 for almost 3 years and wanted EVDO but reading TC didn't seem the time to upgrade had arrived. Lo and behold the insurance replacment was a brand new in the box (not refurb) T700. They did this intentinally becuase they said they no longer make new T650s. well I knew that.

Anywho, after searching the threads today most questions were answered but I still have these:
    (1) It came with VZW v1.10. I guess that means I am all set, no upgrades needed?

(2) The phone button and send button are separate. I think they were the same button on my T650. How does this work? i seem to be pushing the wrong button a lot.

(3) Any other fixes or quick lessons for an old 650 user going to 700? THanks
    I switch from a 650 to a 700p a year ago. The change in the "all in one" phone button to the separate buttons was annoying at first, but you get used to it. It is nice to have dedicated Send and End buttons, IMO. You will get used to pushing the right one after a few weeks. The Send button, when pressed while in the phone dialer app will list recent calls. Otherwise the button does nothing except for answer the phpone when you receive a call.

A nice feature that you may not notice right away (this is new with the 1.10 firmware) is that if you hold down the Home button, it'll list recently run apps. Makes it easier than digging through everything.

-Chris
    I also received a 700p as a replacement for a broken 650. It seems like a worthwhile upgrade except that the 700p has a noticeable delay when switching between apps, up to several seconds. From what I can gather this was a typical problem when the 700p was introduced but was fixed with the 1.10-SPNT update which my phone has.

Is the delay still a problem with some phones? If not, what do you think might be the problem? SnapperMail, Initiate and Butler are the main 3rd-party apps I use.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Treo View Post
    Is the delay still a problem with some phones? If not, what do you think might be the problem? SnapperMail, Initiate and Butler are the main 3rd-party apps I use.
    The delay is treatable but not curable. The problem is inherent in the phone's design. You can reduce it by running as few apps in the background as possible, never run (and delete the files if possible) for SnapperMail, reset the phone at least once every day or 2 and avoid areas of spotty service. Other than that it should run smoothly for you.