Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by d503 View Post
    After trying file:///AUDIO/[file].mp3 I was able to get the context menu...can anyone else try this?
    Yes this worked. Kewl!
    I confirm that it works.
    It copies the mp3 file to the internal memory unfortunately...
    Well, it's a kludge, but at least it works.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Well, it's a kludge, but at least it works.
    file://AUDIO/But%20Anyway.mp3
    use %20 to put in spaces if needed isnce blazer doesn't let you hit space.
    The files get saved on the device as Ton-(whatever)mp3
    There's no . before mp3 for example the above file mp3 becomes Ton-ButAnywaymp3, according to fileZ it's type is MP3f created by HsTo and has the Backup, Stream and App Info Dirty attributes checked.
    Perhaps someone can write a 3rd party app that will let you browse files on your card and convert them easily to mp3 ringtones? Alternatively maybe a way to browse the files on the card and make them links that will let blazer handle the conversion.

[Edit]

What would be fantastic is if the app would have the option to convert to mono and reduce the bitrate if the user wanted it to. I'm not sure if the new file needs to be added to a ringtone database on the device, but it's a likely possibility.
    Last edited by viper0775; 01/18/2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Adding a comment
    Quote Originally Posted by viper0775 View Post
    file://AUDIO/But%20Anyway.mp3
    use %20 to put in spaces if needed isnce blazer doesn't let you hit space.
    The files get saved on the device as Ton-(whatever)mp3
    There's no . before mp3 for example the above file mp3 becomes Ton-ButAnywaymp3, according to fileZ it's type is MP3f created by HsTo and has the Backup, Stream and App Info Dirty attributes checked.
    Perhaps someone can write a 3rd party app that will let you browse files on your card and convert them easily to mp3 ringtones? Alternatively maybe a way to browse the files on the card and make them links that will let blazer handle the conversion.
    There is! See RNS:: TreoOfflineViewer - it was hotfixed today to make use of the new MP3 support on Treos.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    It is all work around solution to the problem!!!
    This update really sucks!!!

Palm Inc. has to change it's attitude towards it's customers.
    Ok, I agree, this update SUCKS! I've been a faithful Palm user for about 10 years and it just seems this company doesn't give a crap anymore!

And customer service? Don't get me started on the outsourcing. Call CS and 'Kim' answers but can barely speak English... Then the returns/problems are never resolved....

ARGGGHH...
    Minitones is the ****! Amazing!

Why buy mp3 ringtones when you can add them yourself and trim it too!
    I seldomly post, but this is crazy; I think we've missed the point of this topic!

YES, OK, WE GET IT!! MiniTones is the BOMB. I use it, too. But, that is NOT the point...

The point is the update to 'add MP3's' and other ringtones is, well, POINTLESS! The update from Palm is a joke. My battery life has not improved. Really, the only benefit is the ability to use larger SD cards. Reading other posts, however, it seems people have been doing that, too. So what, exactly, is the hype on this update?

Just my lousy $.02

RSW
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12