Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ok, I understand and honestly it was my intention - well - it doesn't work this way yet. I'll going to fix it :-)
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrgutierrez View Post
    Thanks MetaView for your reception.

There is one thing that I'm being bothered by 2cool4u: the sorting of contacts. I would like an option to have them sorted out as in the native Palm's Contacts application, meaning that when there is only the company name (without a person's first and last name registered within), I would like to see it within the same alphabetical list as the personal names.

The main reason is because when I am doing a text search of a company contact in 2cool4u, for say Palm Inc., it will only show the names, if the list is set to be sorted by First or Last Name. Inversely, if the list is set to be sorted by Company, then the text search will only work for company names.

I rather have all company only names and persons names integrated within the same alphabetical list. Now, if the company name is registered with a person's name, then the person's name will have priority, just as in the native Palm's Contacts application.

Cheers.
    i have to second that, it's the only thing that was bothering me about this app. that and the fact that it hasn't been expanded to a full blown launcher yet
    phwelo,
    take a look at the latest version 0.98 (http://metaviewsoft.de/wordpress/?p=85). It fixes the sorting issue, plus other improvements.

MetaView,
    I am having a terrible bug when pressing the email button on a contact with one email address only, it crashes my Treo, or nothing happens, i.e. it remains on 2cool4u. If the contact has two or more email addresses, I can click on the chosen address, and it sends me to a Chattermail without a problem.

It seems that the problem is with one email only contacts.

Cheers
    any way to use a pic as background?
    jrgutierrez: will be fixed in 0.99
    turbulent: to make it even harder to read your contact names?
    Metaview. Congratulations on the program. The only thing which stops me from using it as my default, is the lack of an incremental search on keyboard entry, as per the default contacts application. Keep up the good work. You have shown that there is still life in the old Garnet yet.
    MetaView: thanks. I just sent my registration via Paypal.

johncc: Check Henk's (MetaView's) blog at: www.metaviewsoft.de/wordpress where he mentions the incremental search coming on the 1.0 release of 2c4u.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by jrgutierrez View Post

johncc: Check Henk's (MetaView's) blog at: www.metaviewsoft.de/wordpress where he mentions the incremental search coming on the 1.0 release of 2c4u.

Cheers

Thanks for that. It will be promoted to my default phone application and registered when that is added.
    Ok, 0.99 is out and supports incremental searching too:

http://www.metaviewsoft.de/wordpress
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Ok, 0.99 is out and supports incremental searching too:
    Not on my 650 it doesn't. I checked the "incremental search" box, but with each key press it selects names with that first letter. Am I doiing something wrong?
    When you press, say A and B short one after one, it doesn't write "ab" in the status line below? And it doesn't scroll to the contact starting with "ab" and doesn't filter the list like in the build-in contact app? Would be weird...
    When you press, say A and B short one after one, it doesn't write "ab" in the status line below? And it doesn't scroll to the contact starting with "ab" and doesn't filter the list like in the build-in contact app? Would be weird...
    My service provider and phone number is shown in the bottom line. When I type 'a' then 'b', 'ab' overtypes part of the provider name for a few seconds. The list scrolls to the a's then the b's as the keys are pressed. Incremental search is definitely 'checked'. I installed over the old version and the About screen shows version 0.99.
    Weird, I can't understand it and I can't reproduce it. What should happen and does here is:

if "Incremental search" is checked

Pressing "a" filters the list for all contacts with last name beginning with "a" and first name beginning with "a". Depending on your sort criteria it then scrolls the list to the first contact beginning with "a" in your sort field. Pressing "b" you will see the "ab" in the status line (where the provider and the phone number is displayed) and the filter filters all contacts with a first name beginning with "a" and the last name beginning with "b" or contacts with last name beginning with "ab". It then scrolls to the first entry beginning with "ab" in your sort field.

if "Incremental search" is not checked

Pressing "a" it scrolls the list to the first contact beginning with "a" in your sort field. Pressing "b" you will see the "ab" in the status line (where the provider and the phone number is displayed) and it then scrolls to the first entry beginning with "ab" in your sort field.

I lost if it doesn't do it.
    Maybe you can make a video about what happens and send to me? Maybe I see something where we are misunderstand us or what might go wrong.

Regards
    Henk
    The thing that was confusing me is the fact that your search string times-out. That doesn't happen with the Palm Contacts application. If I type fast enough the behaviour is as you describe. Thanks for your patience. I can live with your implementation.
    Thank you very much.
    Thx For Share
    Tried to register. Had probelms with the language.
    Did you get the code now?
    Did you get the code now?
    I did not get that far.
    see PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast